Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
KIWI13's EMERGENCY SITUATION - Updated April in OP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Kiwi, I think it best to leave your family out of it. Just a shul rabbi, from any type circle, preferably not your immediate family's, that has someone he knows well tell him of your situation and you need immediate assistance with pesach.

The good news is, they don't consider the Telshe side their family anymore, as of my parents' generation. But I do. I've always wished to know them. I met with my great aunt once in secret when I was in college. She invited me to the yeshiva for Shabbos but I was too scared to go. I always regretted that.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:39 pm
Who are the rabbis outside of the Beachwood/UH area?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:41 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
My family is very well known in Cleveland, one of the founding families many generations back, which is part of the problem in trying to stay here. Other victims of "big name" relatives will understand.

Honestly I wonder if I could get over to Telshe if they would take me in. The founding Rosh Yeshiva was my great grandfather. I'm not exactly their speed, though. I would be extremely respectful, but I can't figure out how to even call.

EDIT: To be very clear, the Telshe connection is NOT the problem. There was a rift two generations back. I didn't even know I was related until I was 18. My seminary rabbi told me.

Maybe try the Shabbos Guest House in CH?

Or call Bikur Cholim of Cleveland (216) 371-3157

Hatzlacha kiwi13!!!!!

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:43 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:

Did you reach out to Rabbi Burnstein? He's so caring

amother
Mustard

Kiwi13 wrote:

Gonna email you iyH

Sebastian

Kiwi13 wrote:
He's refusing to even come back to the US. Believe me I've tried convincing him that his kids need him.

So why cant you take the kids to ny?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:46 pm
Also if anyone here is belongs to sister to sister or is friends of someone who helps run it, might be worthwhile to reach out to them for kiwi, faster than her putting in a first phone call.

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 1:02 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I gave them at least one rabbi's contact, possibly two (I can't remember for sure, but I think it was two). But that only fulfills the "rabbi reference" requirement.

Pm me about this. I work with S2S and spoke to them about references. You can also message me on fb. I can help.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 2:46 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Did you reach out to Rabbi Burnstein? He's so caring

I second this.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 3:02 pm
Can you set up a go fund me for the immediate emergency

To cover travel costs an an airbnb near a chabad with meals for pesach (usually not free but nothing like pesach hotel prices). I am sure your friends irl life and her on imamother can come thru for the immediate needs. I don't have much, but would contribute, and I am sure many others would as well.

Next step is OHEL. I think moving into a shelter in NYC is not ideal but it can be a short term solution until you figure out where to land. They may have additional resources.

I don't think that reaching out the great aunt/ relatives who have been cut off is such a bad idea - high chance that they may not come thru, but they just might and they probably have connections to other resources.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 3:04 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Can you set up a go fund me for the immediate emergency

To cover travel costs an an airbnb near a chabad with meals for pesach (usually not free but nothing like pesach hotel prices). I am sure your friends irl life and her on imamother can come thru for the immediate needs. I don't have much, but would contribute, and I am sure many others would as well.

Next step is OHEL. I think moving into a shelter in NYC is not ideal but it can be a short term solution until you figure out where to land. They may have additional resources.

I don't think that reaching out the great aunt/ relatives who have been cut off is such a bad idea - high chance that they may not come thru, but they just might and they probably have connections to other resources.

This

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 3:48 pm
I don't get the idea of going to NY when Cleveland has good options for supporting people in situations like this. Traveling with kids into an unknown community sounds so stressful to do right before Pesach. JFSA, Chabad (Rabbi Mendelson from Tzemach Tzedek is so wonderful), Mrs. Landau (Matan B'Sayser), Mrs. Drazin, Rabbonim in the community...there are lots of people to turn to. My friend was unfortunately in a similar situation and she got a lot of help here in Cleveland. Unless I'm missing some key elements to Kiwi's situation, which I probably am.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:10 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
I don't get the idea of going to NY when Cleveland has good options for supporting people in situations like this. Traveling with kids into an unknown community sounds so stressful to do right before Pesach. JFSA, Chabad (Rabbi Mendelson from Tzemach Tzedek is so wonderful), Mrs. Landau (Matan B'Sayser), Mrs. Drazin, Rabbonim in the community...there are lots of people to turn to. My friend was unfortunately in a similar situation and she got a lot of help here in Cleveland. Unless I'm missing some key elements to Kiwi's situation, which I probably am.

You probably are. But it's okay, B"H I have a place to go, out of Cleveland. I'm so extremely grateful.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:14 pm
TYH!!!!!!! I was so worried

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:14 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
You probably are. But it's okay, B"H I have a place to go, out of Cleveland. I'm so extremely grateful.

B"h! Chag kosher v'sameach.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:16 pm
So happy to hear. May Hashem shower you with courage, love, Parnassa, Simchas Hachaim and Refua Shlaima.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
TYH!!!!!!! I was so worried

Yes, Hashem is wonderful and so are His beautiful children. I am genuinely wowed and humbled by how everyone leapt into serious action to try to help me. So many people in so many places. What a tremendous mitzvah. So many mitzvos. Wow wow wow. I don't know what to say, but I hope Hashem rewards every single person who did anything to help, whether making phone calls or reaching out for info to pass along to someone who might help, or offering accommodations of any kind, or davening or saying tehillim, or offering moral support. Wow. B"H. It's beautiful and gives me back some hope I lost in the process of everything that's gone on these past years.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:30 pm
Bh!!! I've been thinking about you a lot today. Xo!

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 6:15 pm
BH! May this be the first of only good new beginnings.

mfb

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 7:03 pm
Did you find a permanent place? Or a pesach place?
Bh so happy you found something! Hope it works out very well for you and your kids!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating