Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
KIWI13's EMERGENCY SITUATION - Updated April in OP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 11:44 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
They probably mean they want to hear from your Rabbis, social workers, doctors, etc. Are you close to any Rabbi who can help you? How about the Rabbi who helped you get a divorce (you said you are newly divorced so someone must have helped you), can he be a reference for you?

I gave them at least one rabbi's contact, possibly two (I can't remember for sure, but I think it was two). But that only fulfills the "rabbi reference" requirement.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 11:45 am
Is there any frum WhatsApp groups of email groups you can post on? Even just a shul email list? I think most frum communities have this.

Even for temporary accommodations just for Pesach. Usually lots of people go away and leave their house empty anyways and would be willing to let you stay there?

I'm going away and would let you use my house for Pesach, but I'm not in the u.s.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 11:53 am
amother Apple wrote:
Is there any frum WhatsApp groups of email groups you can post on? Even just a shul email list? I think most frum communities have this.

Even for temporary accommodations just for Pesach. Usually lots of people go away and leave their house empty anyways and would be willing to let you stay there?

I'm going away and would let you use my house for Pesach, but I'm not in the u.s.

To be successful with something like this you will need someone advocating for you. Can your rabbi call a rabbi in another community to help you out? I don’t think people will be willing to give out their house to someone they don’t know- try to see if your rabbi can help you as that will serve as a reference

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:03 pm
Is there anyone in your old community in upstate NY (leaving out the name in case it makes you uncomfortable, though I believe you've mentioned it several times) who could host you at least for YT? Or any Rabbis there that might have connections to someone who could?

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:05 pm
I'm terribly sorry Kiwi.

May seem sort of obvious, but the people who would be most likely to host 4 people last minute for Yom tov would probably be people who know you or people who know people who know you.

If your asking for leads here, I'm guessing your family, friends, and neighbors in Cleveland can't have you. I think you might be most successful asking them (family and friends) if they could think of any of their family or friends who could host you. Then they could make the connection for you.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:09 pm
I wish I could host you Sad

Sebastian

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:11 pm
Can your ex take the kods until after pesach? It ll be easier to find a place for just you

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:14 pm
There's a Pesach hotel program just outside of Cleveland. Do you know any of the Rabbis listed there as going, or know anyone who knows them? Maybe if they have any rooms available last minute they'd give you one for free due to your situation?

https://midwestpassover.com/

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:14 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Can your ex take the kods until after pesach? It ll be easier to find a place for just you

That's a good point.

If you literally have no plans for Yom tov and no where to go, this might be the most practical option.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:15 pm
Please join this whatsapp chat for female hosting. They have ppl all over world. They may still be able to put you up somewhere.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/K4oX.....aN8rh

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:16 pm
I’m in Cleveland but I’m dealing with a substance abuse problem with one of my kids so it’s not a safe place currently for hosting due to his erratic behavior and violence. JFSA has the Hebrew Shelter Home. Could that be a temporary option while you figure things out?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
There's a Pesach hotel program just outside of Cleveland. Do you know any of the Rabbis listed there as going, or know anyone who knows them? Maybe if they have any rooms available last minute they'd give you one for free due to your situation?

https://midwestpassover.com/

If anyone knows kiwi irl and can call on her behalf it might be more successful. Especially if a rabbi who knows her can corroborate

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:17 pm
Rabbi Bentzion Klatzko of Shabbat.com hosts single women and their kids for Shabbosim all the time - he hosts tens of people each week. I don’t know what his pesach plans are this year but you can reach out to him to find out if he’s being home and can host you. His phone number is x. He says his phone number in shiurim all the time, I wouldn’t post it publicly otherwise. Please let me know once you’ve seen this kiwi and I’ll delete it.

He is located in Monsey.

Praying for you Kiwi. You are a hero for continuing to exist in these circumstances.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:19 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I gave them at least one rabbi's contact, possibly two (I can't remember for sure, but I think it was two). But that only fulfills the "rabbi reference" requirement.

Ok, what other references did they ask for?
And from what I understand, they are based in NY-NJ. Do they cater to women outside of these states? If not, then that may be the reason why they couldnt help you. You would then have to reach out to an organization in your state or move to NY or NJ to get assistance from organizations based in NY/NJ.

The Fromovitz Chabad Center is hosting two sedarim (they charge for it but will not turn you away if you cant pay), perhaps reach out to them and see if they can provide accommodations as well-- https://www.clevelandjewishlea.....3.htm

Reach out to the Hebrew Shelter home to see if they can help you find a place even if temporary-- https://www.accessjewishclevel.....home/

Contact JFSA for assistance as well-- https://www.jfsa-cleveland.org/

Some more resources-- https://www.domesticshelters.o.....ogram

Contact Ohel tomorrow and see if they can help you before Pesach on an emergency basis.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:22 pm
Hi Kiwi, are you on the ladies of cleveland whatsapp group?
Maybe posting there asking if anyone can host a family of four would get you some leads.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:23 pm
Sebastian wrote:

He's refusing to even come back to the US. Believe me I've tried convincing him that his kids need him.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:23 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Hi Kiwi, are you on the ladies of cleveland whatsapp group?
Maybe posting there asking if anyone can host a family of four would get you some leads.

No, can you add me? PM me please?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:27 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
If anyone knows kiwi irl and can call on her behalf it might be more successful. Especially if a rabbi who knows her can corroborate

My family is very well known in Cleveland, one of the founding families many generations back, which is part of the problem in trying to stay here. Other victims of "big name" relatives will understand.

Honestly I wonder if I could get over to Telshe if they would take me in. The founding Rosh Yeshiva was my great grandfather. I'm not exactly their speed, though. I would be extremely respectful, but I can't figure out how to even call.

EDIT: To be very clear, the Telshe connection is NOT the problem. There was a rift two generations back. I didn't even know I was related until I was 18. My seminary rabbi told me.

Last edited by Kiwi13 on Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:29 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
No, can you add me? PM me please?

I'm not that another but I PMed u

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:32 pm
Kiwi, I think it best to leave your family out of it. Just a shul rabbi, from any type circle, preferably not your immediate family's, that has someone he knows well tell him of your situation and you need immediate assistance with pesach.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating