Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Zev Brenner With Heshy Goldstein about Hotel scam
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 3:46 pm
Zev Brenner spoke with Mr. Goldstein about the Hotel Scam last week. You can find it on You Tube. Can someone post a link for others. Really sad and scary story.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 3:58 pm
I believe it’s on the Yeshiva Workd.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:08 pm
Yes, it is on YWN: https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 5:55 pm
And that all star lineup has to make Pesach last minute too. Oy. Hope everything goes smoothly around and that when the dust settles, there is sholom all around.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 7:33 pm
Listened to it start to finish

I don't think he realizes but this was definitely negative pr if I ever saw any

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 7:34 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Listened to it start to finish

I don't think he realizes but this was definitely negative pr if I ever saw any

Didn't have a chance to listen to it yet, but why do say that?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Didn't have a chance to listen to it yet, but why do say that?

Heshy does a lot of defending, is kind of rude to some callers, and when it comes to accusations about previous programs he basically confirms that theyr true but "if only you knew the behind the scenes if only you were a business owner"

I don't want to quote directly anymore because things of course sound worse out of context but maybe it wasn't wise for him to come on in the heat of the moment because he only sounded defensive and not very apologetic.

Was an interesting listen, many red flags just in his way of speaking. I do feel sorry for his customers who are now stuck.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:14 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Heshy does a lot of defending, is kind of rude to some callers, and when it comes to accusations about previous programs he basically confirms that theyr true but "if only you knew the behind the scenes if only you were a business owner"

I don't want to quote directly anymore because things of course sound worse out of context but maybe it wasn't wise for him to come on in the heat of the moment because he only sounded defensive and not very apologetic.

Was an interesting listen, many red flags just in his way of speaking. I do feel sorry for his customers who are now stuck.

I know him personally. I used to work with him. He is as a very smart, nice, genuine person. There's no way he could be deliberately dishonest ch"v. If yes, I would be shocked. I'm sure whatever he's saying is true He's under alot of heat.
While I do feel sorry for him, I definitely feel more sorry for all the people who paid into the program.
I'm really hoping there is someway to get back their money.
What a nightmare situation.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:49 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Yes, it is on YWN: https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

What a train wreck.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:54 pm
His story does not add up. He's a master manipulator. What must have happened is that they did not sell as much as they thought they would, and it wasn't worth it for them to continue. I personally know vendors from his previous events that did not get paid.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:57 pm
amother Azure wrote:
What a train wreck.

You said it better than me exactly

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I know him personally. I used to work with him. He is as a very smart, nice, genuine person. There's no way he could be deliberately dishonest ch"v. If yes, I would be shocked. I'm sure whatever he's saying is true He's under alot of heat.
While I do feel sorry for him, I definitely feel more sorry for all the people who paid into the program.

Almost honest to a fault admitting that vendors from last year were not fully paid but then saying it was for orders made on pesach by irresponsible staff who didn't check outback trailers for supplies that were already maybe on hand so why should he have to pay for that? Definitely a head scratcher

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:00 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:

That's very naive to say there is no way he can be dishonest. But when one specific person has problems with his programs year after year and has to cancel more than once you need to see that it's him and not random luck. I feel bad for anyone that didn't do proper research or who spoke to people who covered up his issues. As someone that has gone on many programs and does heavy research most of us knew to stay away from his program. Which is likely why it fell apart. He didn't have enough people book and needed to pull out and hence this elaborate story that is so similar to his last story was born.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
His story does not add up. He's a master manipulator. What must have happened is that they did not sell as much as they thought they would, and it wasn't worth it for them to continue. I personally know vendors from his previous events that did not get paid.

This is exactly what happened. This is the truth and really shameful that people cover for him after he repeatedly leaves people in such situations.

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:02 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:

I heard from somebody personally who was supposed to go that she heard it was less than 50% booked so he backed out.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:05 pm
None of my opinions are preconceived and they are all based off this podcast where I got to hear him out directly but he can't even make himself believable.

He bashes the hotel saying it wasn't kept up and is in disrepair and now will suffer and no one will trust them but when zev Brenner asks him well if the hotel was so shoddy why did you take it? Heshy says well personally I don't believe reviews so which is it are they terrible and you were going to give your guests bed bugs? Or was it amazing and under new management and the reviews were false?

Definitely an interesting conversation

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
None of my opinions are preconceived and they are all based off this podcast where I got to hear him out directly but he can't even make himself believable.

He bashes the hotel saying it wasn't kept up and is in disrepair and now will suffer and no one will trust them but when zev Brenner asks him well if the hotel was so shoddy why did you take it? Heshy says well personally I don't believe reviews so which is it are they terrible and you were going to give your guests bed bugs? Or was it amazing and under new management and the reviews were false?

Definitely an interesting conversation

And then he says all the products that they purchased are being sold for half price now, and when a caller on the show asks where they can purchase the items for half price he gives some shmuky answer.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:10 pm
I have a lot of questions about his story, (1) if you are running a multi million dollar program shouldn’t his business have insurance instead of expecting the guests to have individual insurance? (2) why didn’t he show proofs of the wire transfers? (3) why didn’t the hotel contact him when he was late with payments? And if they did, why wasn’t that a red flag? If I owe a supplier money they don’t ignore it, they call , email, write, etc.
I understand how one payment one can get tricked with if he is just a bad business man but how could he have done it multiple times without anyone catching it?
Last question, can’t he end up going to jail for stealing from people regardless of how many excuses he has? He still owes them service, the loss is on him unless they are moichel.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:45 pm
It would be interesting if they interviewed the hotel and the suppliers

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 11:49 pm
His evasive and conflicting answers certainly didn't make a good impression. I'm not much of a critical thinker and tend to take people at face value, but even I could tell that he wasn't answering the questions he was being asked. I think his next project will be running for public office; he has the non-answer down to an art.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics