Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Zev Brenner With Heshy Goldstein about Hotel scam
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 4:47 pm
The video has 21k views in 2 days. This is blowing up.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 4:48 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Why is blatant loshon hora allowed to carry on here?

Im cringing

I am guessing in a situation like this where someone continually steals from many people the only way to make it that no one gets cheated again is to publicly explain why his story doesn’t make sense and make sure people realize not to trust him.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 4:59 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

Im cringing

All thiefs, liars, abusers cry the loshon Hora card. What about their Aveiros that are harming others? This is letoeles

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

Im cringing

Relearn hilchos lashon hara. A. It’s public information, he himself put the story in the news. B. It’s l’toeles to prevent serious monetary loss.

mommyisbest

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:20 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Don't trust this guy. Remember the terrible program in 2019? Paid guests arrived upstate hours before shavuos and were told they can't check in unless they pay a second time. Because they paid Heshy and the program director said that he never got the money from Heshy so they have to leave or pay again. Heshy didn't give a d@mn. He was in the car with his family driving up. Instead of coming over and helping his guests who he was responsible for, he abandoned shipped, turned around and went home. People were hours away from home with nowhere to go and no food for YT.
This is what Heshy writes about his involvement in the program. A bunch of bologna,.convoluted excuses that make no sense. Something about a a dispute over a few dollars and he doesn't care who he scr3ws in the process.
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com......html

Link is dead

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:44 pm
mommyisbest wrote:
Link is dead

He must have taken it down because it was being passed around. It was available 2 days ago.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Azure wrote:
He must have taken it down because it was being passed around. It was available 2 days ago.

Well the internet's memory lasts forever

http://web.archive.org/web/202......html

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:10 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
All thiefs, liars, abusers cry the loshon Hora card. What about their Aveiros that are harming others? This is letoeles

Here's the thing. I have my suspicions as well. But I'm not 100% certain he's a thief and neither are you. So to call him all these names when you only have strong suspicions seems unfair.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:15 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
Well the internet's memory lasts forever

http://web.archive.org/web/202......html
Now I’m curious why he deleted it. Because it makes him look stupid?

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:17 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Here's the thing. I have my suspicions as well. But I'm not 100% certain he's a thief and neither are you. So to call him all these names when you only have strong suspicions seems unfair.

Like I said earlier, I personally know vendors that haven't gotten paid. So in other words that translates to a thief.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:35 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Now I’m curious why he deleted it. Because it makes him look stupid?

Is that his blog? Or who removed it?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Violet wrote:
Is that his blog? Or who removed it?
It’s not his blog but the blogger seemed to support this guy in the comments.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:17 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Like I said earlier, I personally know vendors that haven't gotten paid. So in other words that translates to a thief.

Having a dispute with a few vendors from a year a is a far cry from what he is being accused of now. People are saying he concocted this who story, stole hundreds of thousands of dollars and pulled the rug on pesach plans for dozens of families.

You don't know forsure he did this.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:20 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Having a dispute with a few vendors from a year a is a far cry from what he is being accused of now. People are saying he concocted this who story, stole hundreds of thousands of dollars and pulled the rug on pesach plans for dozens of families.

He had a very similar issue a few years ago and canceled then too. So yes there is a pattern. No one should trust him with a lot of money or with a serious thing like accommodations for pesach.

rikkik

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:25 pm
I think that the interview with Zev Brenner was terrible for Heshy.
I don't think for a second that he did this on purpose! He himself had nowhere to go for Yontif, many of his family members got stuck as well. To say that he deliberately stole is such pure Lashon Harah, it's making me mad.
His interview got me so worried because he didn't apologize to us (I was supposed to go with his program for Pesach, paid in full etc). He was way too defensive, and I think he really ruined himself with that interview.
He has had a really hard life, and I feel sorry for the man. My lost money- I hope I will get it back, and if I don't it's MONEY. But all of the shmutz that is being thrown around about him, that can never be undone.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:33 pm
rikkik wrote:
I don't think for a second that he did this on purpose! He himself had nowhere to go for Yontif, many of his family members got stuck as well. To say that he deliberately stole is such pure Lashon Harah, it's making me mad.
His interview got me so worried because he didn't apologize to us (I was supposed to go with his program for Pesach, paid in full etc). He was way too defensive, and I think he really ruined himself with that interview.
He has had a really hard life, and I feel sorry for the man. My lost money- I hope I will get it back, and if I don't it's MONEY. But all of the shmutz that is being thrown around about him, that can never be undone.

It's quite possible he really was ripped off. But younmeed to take responsibility and apologize. He simply cannot do that.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:

Why? Stealing is stealing? In for a little, in for a lot.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:51 pm
rikkik wrote:

What does his hard life have anything to do with anything? If a business took my money and didn't give me what I paid for, in what world is it normal for the business owner to start telling me to feel bad for them and their personal life instead of simply refunding the money? When someone does this, it comes across as trying to exploit people's empathy to steal their money, instead of trying to take responsibility for an error. If he's innocent in all this, it's really a shame that he's behaving in the same way that people who are not so innocent behave.

It's great that you're able to forgive him the money if it comes to that but there are other people who signed up who may have more difficulty with the loss. (I've seen on a Facebook group that people are actually trying to pursue a class action suit against him, because they're not okay.) The "schmutz" being thrown around about him is a blog post that he himself wrote, his own words on an interview, and people observing his own words and behavior.

And how do you know that he has nowhere to go for YT?

Last edited by WhatFor on Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:25 pm
WhatFor wrote:
What does his hard life have anything to do with anything? If a business took my money and didn't give me what I paid for, in what world is it normal for the business owner to start telling me to feel bad for them and their personal life instead of simply refunding the money? When someone does this, it comes across as trying to exploit people's empathy to steal their money, instead of trying to take responsibility for an error. If he's innocent in all this, it's really a shame that he's behaving in the same way that people who are not so innocent behave.

It's great that you're able to forgive him the money if it comes to that but there are other people who signed up who may have more difficulty with the loss. (I've seen on a Facebook group that people are actually trying to pursue a class action suit against him, because they're not okay.) The "schmutz" being thrown around about him is a blog post that he himself wrote, his own words on an interview, and people observing his own words and behavior.

And how do you know that he has nowhere to do for YT?

Must be a SIL

rikkik

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 11:29 pm
nope, a friend of the family, and my family will probably also take him to Beis Din to try to recover our money, or join the suit that the others are doing. All I am asking is for you to understand that he has a family. a wife, children. I absolutely do not think that he did this on purpose and I am so heartbroken at all of the Lashon Harah being spewed. Makes me think Moshiach isn't coming as fast as I hoped it would.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics