Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
PSA Ask Your Rabbi!
Previous  1  2

Ruchi

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 3:31 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Medical professionals also decry use of the internet for similar reasons. It's dangerous for people to self-diagnose, they should just go to the doctor.

But even WITH going to a doctor, asking online like this can help you figure out which doctor to go to, what questions to ask, what information to offer.

Maybe we shouldn't have medical questions allowed here either, it's potentially dangerous.

It is, but it is also potentially (and very probably) helpful and in some cases lifesaving.

In all medical situations, the advice should be to see your doctor (even if it's something that seems petty)
And if someone complains their doctor isn't doing anything, then the advice should be to discuss it with a referral/advocacy Organisation .

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 6:58 am
[quote="Ruchi"]
amother Razzmatazz wrote:

I can't go through everything I was taught in Kallah classes and ask him which of them I actually need to keep. (But if I'm made aware of the fact that some things may not be required, I can ask about those specifically.)
Are you concerned that your KT taught you things that are in fact not halacha but were presented as such?
b]?

Actually, yes; whether I was told things were actually Halacha, or whether I inferred so.
For example-the checklist before Tevila asks-“did you wash all areas with warm water and soap?” I figured that meant this was Halacha, right? So I’d worry that maybe there was some area on my back that soap didn’t reach. Until years later, when the Mikva lady told me there’s no actual Halacha to use soap altogether.
Just an example.
The extent to which every trace of makeup must be removed is another one.
There are more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics