Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
My guests don't like my food
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:11 pm
I have to say, I make good food and I tried to make food people would like, and I heard my friend talking on the phone how horrible my food is. I wanna cry.....

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:13 pm
That's so painful I'm sorry 😞
Your guest is a real kafuy tov, instead of saying thank you for you having her she trash talks behind your back? Not the type of person you need in your life.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:13 pm
Sad Are you sure it was personal or just general venting about pesach food? (Either is rude when we all know the best food, Pesach or otherwise, is free food someone else cooks!)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:15 pm
OMG I'm so sorry. 😞

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:17 pm
That’s horrible!! And so daft of the guest to talk in ear-shot of you. I’m so sorry.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:19 pm
That's terrible. I once had overheard a guest complaining about my y"t menu years ago, let's just say it's not something I forgot, I did forgive though.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:21 pm
Assume she was venting/complaining because she thought she was “supposed to”. Some people don’t know how to talk to others and say what they have is great.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:50 pm
Oy OP, what a horrible feeling!
I have a sister in law that doesn't like my MIL food. She only likes her own food or her mothers food. When she comes to my MIL for shabbos, she brings along her own challah, fish, chicken!! I don't think my MIL over it already. It's so hurtful.

mom39

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:57 pm
If you heard her on the phone , maybe she was talking about something else- you heard her out of context. Just trying to be "Dan lkaf zchus" here

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Oy OP, what a horrible feeling!
I have a sister in law that doesn't like my MIL food. She only likes her own food or her mothers food. When she comes to my MIL for shabbos, she brings along her own challah, fish, chicken!! I don't think my MIL over it already. It's so hurtful.

My DIL does not like my food (which I think is pretty good) so if they eat with us they bring their own food. Yes, I am insulted. I would never have dreamed to not eat my MIL's food even though it wasn't always to my taste.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:01 pm
So offensive! I rarely invite dh’s family because they openly insult everyone’s food apart from their own. I’ve never heard them say anything about my food but I assume they’d talk about it behind my back. Yes it’s affected our relationship. They say they can’t help that they’re picky eaters 🤷‍♀️

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:02 pm
Horrible or not her taste? Sounds nuts to complain about. How did you hear her say such a thing?

hotpretzel

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:04 pm
Wow. Some people are so rude and entitled

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:06 pm
If she's going to be unappreciative anyway, maybe at each of the remaining meals you should just serve her some matza, a boiled potato, a few boiled carrots, and a chicken breast, all plain and unseasoned.

Not really, that would be petty and immature. But I'd be tempted if I were in your shoes.

Seriously though, anyone who hosts during Pesach is already going above and beyond. You should feel good about yourself and all the extra schar you deserve for this especially annoying guest.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:08 pm
If everyone else likes your food it's her, not you.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:17 pm
So it's not precisely "my guests don't like my food " but ONE person whom you overheard and can't even be sure was talking about you. If she was talking about you, so what? Tastes differ and you can't expect your culinary style to appeal to everyone. No reflection on you and no need to get bent out of shape, though I would think twice about inviting this woman again. But first I would try to verify that she was talking about you and not someone else. Pretty stoooopid if she was dissing her hostess within her hearing. Can anyone truly be such a moron? I sure hope not.

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:09 pm
My mil cooks basic food and isn't the world's best cook. I offer to help her cook or make it myself and bring it along. I think as she gets older, it's harder for her to do things and she appreciates the help.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:21 pm
We once hosted a teen cousin and my mother cooks tons of food and kept offering it to her, she said she's not hungry. We heard her on the phone telling her mother that there's nothing to eat here. My mother's jaw was on the floor. After that she doubled down on offering even more food bc she was mortified that the relative would think we're not feeding their kid.

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:32 pm
people are weird. I hear people complaining at restaurants with amazing food all the time. I'm sure your food is delicious and she has her own issues

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:47 pm
I have definitely complained about my MILs food to friends/family over the phone. There is very little of it and it's not very tasty at all. My kids kvetch the whole time because they are hungry and CV if I buy food or offer to cook I get told off.
#guilty
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics