Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
My guests don't like my food
Previous  1  2

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:16 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
We once hosted a teen cousin and my mother cooks tons of food and kept offering it to her, she said she's not hungry. We heard her on the phone telling her mother that there's nothing to eat here. My mother's jaw was on the floor. After that she doubled down on offering even more food bc she was mortified that the relative would think we're not feeding their kid.

I could have been that teen and if it was me, I apologize! As a teenager, I was suffering from an eating disorder. I was very self conscious about my body/weight and was constantly dieting and super careful about what I ate. I rarely ate at other people’s houses because I was nervous it was “too fattening.” I’ve come a long way since then! Maybe that teenager was also dealing with an eating disorder 🤷‍♀️

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:18 pm
Be Dan lkaf zechus, maybe she’s pregnant, maybe she’s in the diet shot and gets nausefied by food, maybe she was talking about someone else….

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:57 pm
I make my own food at my in laws. Their food is horrible. No spices ever not even salt or oil. Dried out and burned. I don’t eat any of it. After two months of being married my in laws noticed I don’t eat and since they want me to be strong enough to be pregnant and have kids they told me I should make food that I like which is what I do. I do make enough for everyone to eat which they do.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 11:33 pm
No words. I hope you misunderstood.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics