Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Steam mop vs floor washer?

DustyDiamonds

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 12:12 pm
I have a 10 year old steam mop that I pulled out for Pesach, but it’s super clunky and takes about 20 minutes to heat up until it’s ready to use.

Anyone have one that they love?

And then I was looking at these types of floor washers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082.....ss_tl

I like that they suck the dirty water back up! After all, here in the US I always feel like mopping is just pushing dirty water around, as opposed to in Israel where every hole has a Sponja drain hole, and the floor can really get cleaner!

Which made me wonder, what are the steam mops actually doing with the dirt on the floor, aside from boiling it? It’s still there, isn’t it?

Here’s the steam mop I’m looking at, I like that it heats up quickly and is cordless; mine takes ages to heat up and the cord makes it extra clunky.

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-S.....ss_tl

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 12:13 pm
I have the shark steam mop, it works but I feel like it takes more energy to use than a regular mop. Not so happy with it for stuck on dirt, I usually have to scrape off with my fingernails

6000miles

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 12:17 pm
I have the Tineco floor washer (the exact one that you linked) and I am OBSESSED with it. So easy to use and really cleans well.
For context I live in Israel but for some reason don’t have a sponja hole, so it’s extremely helpful.
Before Pesach I did wash the floor by doing sponja but for weekly cleaning it’s great!!!!

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 12:55 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:
I have a 10 year old steam mop that I pulled out for Pesach, but it’s super clunky and takes about 20 minutes to heat up until it’s ready to use.

Anyone have one that they love?

And then I was looking at these types of floor washers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082.....ss_tl

I like that they suck the dirty water back up! After all, here in the US I always feel like mopping is just pushing dirty water around, as opposed to in Israel where every hole has a Sponja drain hole, and the floor can really get cleaner!

Which made me wonder, what are the steam mops actually doing with the dirt on the floor, aside from boiling it? It’s still there, isn’t it?

Here’s the steam mop I’m looking at, I like that it heats up quickly and is cordless; mine takes ages to heat up and the cord makes it extra clunky.

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-S.....ss_tl

Looking at the second link now, my friend has this and raves about it. Says it totally changed her life .. it's Amazon, I would get it and if it's not to your liking just return it

DustyDiamonds

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 2:36 pm
6000miles wrote:
I have the Tineco floor washer (the exact one that you linked) and I am OBSESSED with it. So easy to use and really cleans well.
For context I live in Israel but for some reason don’t have a sponja hole, so it’s extremely helpful.
Before Pesach I did wash the floor by doing sponja but for weekly cleaning it’s great!!!!

I love that it sucks up the dirty water! How long does it take to get ready to use it, and how long does it take to put it away? You have to empty the tanks, maybe rinse the rollers, I forgot exactly what this one needs.

Is it something you pull out to use daily?

DustyDiamonds

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 2:38 pm
hodeez wrote:
Looking at the second link now, my friend has this and raves about it. Says it totally changed her life .. it's Amazon, I would get it and if it's not to your liking just return it

Do you mind asking her if it’s easy to prep to use, put away, and how often she pulls it out?

Mine not only takes a while to heat up and be ready to use, it also takes at least 30 minutes to cool down until I can open the valve and either drain the water if I’m done, or add more water, so I can keep using it. (Like a pressure cooker, gotta wait to release the steam, and doesn’t have a release valve)

6000miles

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 5:20 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:
I love that it sucks up the dirty water! How long does it take to get ready to use it, and how long does it take to put it away? You have to empty the tanks, maybe rinse the rollers, I forgot exactly what this one needs.

Is it something you pull out to use daily?

To use you just get it off the charging base, place the roller brush back in place, make sure the water tank is full and get cleaning! When done you put it back on base to self clean, then empty the dirty water tank and done!

I don’t use it daily because I don’t need to but if I would it’s definitely good for daily use. Its also amazing for the times when something spills like a bowl of cereal or toddler throws eggs on the floor, it just sucks up all the mess and then you empty it into the toilet bowl…

I do have to warn you though that if you use other cleaning fluids besides for the Tineco one it will break, and the cleaning fluids are always out of stock…. I get mine from a local store, they sell me a 4 pack for 100 shekel, way cheaper than market value…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics