Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What gifts are given to chassidish chosson
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:44 pm
I'm bumping this up again because our kallah's birthday is in a few days. I decided to go with an evening bag. I want to use yoox.com, as a poster so kindly linked to, because it will deliver to the country the kallah lives in.

Are the links posted previously for evening bags? Can anyone post a couple more links??

Thanks!!!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:09 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Right so I gave it before and when I was a kalla I got it before.

But I realized that many people in the satmar circle still do it the other way around. Many of my satmar friends or neighbors were surpised when I said im giving necklace by wedding. I thought most people do it that way by now

Please don't do this! Then she's forced to wear it for dancing and it looks terrible with the gown!

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Please don't do this! Then she's forced to wear it for dancing and it looks terrible with the gown!

It actually looked beautiful with the gown. Besides dont the kalla wear the necklace they got during the enagemend anyways?

I got married over 20 years ago and in yichud room got one strand of pearls with a diamond pendant on it. And yes I wore it with gown and it looked good

YounginBP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:39 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
I'm bumping this up again because our kallah's birthday is in a few days. I decided to go with an evening bag. I want to use yoox.com, as a poster so kindly linked to, because it will deliver to the country the kallah lives in.

Are the links posted previously for evening bags? Can anyone post a couple more links??

Thanks!!!

Yes, cross body for evenings. I'd love I'd someone else posts or at leasts checks out my links to see if they agree that it's what's in now.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:43 pm
YounginBP wrote:
Yes, cross body for evenings. I'd love I'd someone else posts or at leasts checks out my links to see if they agree that it's what's in now.

The first one is definitely in in chassidish/ Williamsburg circles. I think the Furla is more likely to be worn for everyday - not for evening .

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Really? So interesting. I wouldn’t wear a silver necklace as a married woman… it needs to be polished… my jewelry is gold

Huh? You wouldn't wear anys silver jewelry once married? Why?

Glad that's not the norm in my circles.

Yes, kallah gifts are usually gold. But, that doesn't mean that all silver jewelry is now out.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 6:51 am
How about this bag?

(The Coccinelle, which I wanted to get, is not available in my area.)

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:01 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
How about this bag?

For some reason, these are generally work for weekday vs evening.

BatZion

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:02 am
Is it too late to be a Chassidishe Kallah? LOL

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:03 am
Thanks. It sold out anyhow in the last five minutes. Can you look at the replacement picture?

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:04 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
Thanks. It sold out anyhow in the last five minutes. Can you look at the replacement picture?

Very pretty - go for it!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:21 am
amother Gold wrote:

Is this a blanket rule? Every kallah’s necklace looks terrible with the gown? That’s not my experience. And I thought that the kallah necklace in the yichud shtib is very appropriate.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:23 am
amother Tan wrote:
Is this a blanket rule? Every kallah’s necklace looks terrible with the gown? That’s not my experience. And I thought that the kallah necklace in the yichud shtib is very appropriate.

Agree..
Even if a Kallah would get her necklace earlier, wouldn't she still wear it to the wedding?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:10 am
amother Ruby wrote:
It really depends on what time of year the engagement falls out.
These are the basics that everyone gives
Watch at Tenoyim
Becher for a Yomtov
Machzorim for Yomtov
Chosson package (Taalis, Tefillin etc) week of Aufruf

If the engagement is during Chanukah most people give a Menorah.
If it's during Succos or Tu Bshvat some people give an esrog pushka, but others don't.
If it's Purim, some people give a Megillah but others don't.

Now I understand why they get married so quickly! Rolling Laughter

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:40 am
How much on average do all the chossun gifts run all together? The kallah?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 11:10 am
amother Azalea wrote:
How much on average do all the chossun gifts run all together? The kallah?

I think we spent about 10,000 (chossen little less than kalla)

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 9:53 am
Here I am again, with another question. I haven't yet ordered because I still have one more day...

(I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves, but it is so anxiety-provoking to absolutely have to get the right thing when you're a total am haaretz in fashion and styles.)

I can give either a Furla bag or an Emporio Armani. Which would a kallah prefer?

(The other bag that I wanted to get that I posted before is not going to work out because of shipping problems, so back to the drawing board!)

YounginBP

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 11:31 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
Here I am again, with another question. I haven't yet ordered because I still have one more day...

(I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves, but it is so anxiety-provoking to absolutely have to get the right thing when you're a total am haaretz in fashion and styles.)

I can give either a Furla bag or an Emporio Armani. Which would a kallah prefer?

(The other bag that I wanted to get that I posted before is not going to work out because of shipping problems, so back to the drawing board!)

I don't recognize the name, Emporio Armani, so I am going to say Furla.

Keep in mind, she will probably use it every day, which is not a problem. Many kallahs get bags for weekday wear.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 1:02 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:

Can you post photos of the bags?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 4:42 pm
This is the Armani bag

And this is the Furla

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics