Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Have you been to Rome/Italy?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 8:09 am
Looking to go in the summer and would love to hear information about it and itineraries.
Thinking of also going to Venice and perhaps the Italian Alps but would be willing to go to other places as well.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 8:52 am
Yes, I went with 3 friends after seminary. it was so much fun and since im an EU citizen I got into museums for free/reduced cost. We did a lot of free things too

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 8:59 am
Where were you? In Rome?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:03 am
We've been to lake garda area, it's beautiful there but I think the kosher hotel closed down. Maybe you can check, we stayed nearby and had meals from the hotel.
Good luck.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:04 am
We flew into Milan took train to Venice then Florence and Rome all on trains was super convenient and so beautiful

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Where were you? In Rome?

rome, florence and venice. we took trains from rome to florence and venice. spent shabbos in venice. if you do go for shabbos bring some food, there wasnt enough when we went

I want to go back and visit the amalfi coast next!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:08 am
Does anyone have any more specific itineraries that they can share?

You can email to 5780av@gmail.com or share on here would be super helpful!!

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:10 am
We went to Rome, Florence, and Venice. It was amazing!! Happy to share an itinerary later when I get to my computer. Venice was beautiful but people warned me you don't need that many days there, compared to other cities, and I wish I listened. Three nights was too much in Venice. We did a day trip to Cinque Terre out of Florence and that was stunning. We were supposed to do a day trip to Tuscany to see a kosher winery and restaurant but that fell through at the last minute. We went in August and it was hot but doable.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:21 am
icedcoffee wrote:
We went to Rome, Florence, and Venice. It was amazing!! Happy to share an itinerary later when I get to my computer. Venice was beautiful but people warned me you don't need that many days there, compared to other cities, and I wish I listened. Three nights was too much in Venice. We did a day trip to Cinque Terre out of Florence and that was stunning. We were supposed to do a day trip to Tuscany to see a kosher winery and restaurant but that fell through at the last minute. We went in August and it was hot but doable.

We visited venice for the day, and it was plenty time. Love it there! There is a really nice kosher resteraunt there, not cheap though.
We went in June just dh and I so wasn't too busy. But very hot which I didn't love but we managed.

tichellady

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:22 am
yes loved it but didn't go in the summer when it's hotter and busy

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:57 am
We flew into Rome, then we went to Florence for a couple days, you went to Venice for Shabbos which was amazing, and we flew out from Milan so we were there for a day.

In Rome, we stayed in the hotel in the Jewish ghetto which was really really nice and super convenient. We also booked private Jewish tours. Florence, I honestly didn't really care for the city at all but we did two day trips, one day we went to the leaning Tower of Pisa which was nice and the other day we did a kosher winery which was amazing.
We did Venice for Shabbos and we ate by one of the kosher restaurants which had shabbos meals. We also went by boat to morano, and borano. Murano was super interesting and we bought lots of glass stuff and barano wasn't as interesting but nice to see.

Milan were really just there for one day we went out to eat and just walked around.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:14 am
We stayed at mykosherhotel (terrible name) 2 years ago and I highly recommend. The scenery was just stunning, it's cool in the summer, food was good. It was such a chill.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:23 am
I've been in Rome with school for 5 days. It was meh... we mostly saw Forum Romanum, the coliseum, Vatican and I thought to make a statement by smoking my ciagerrets there but no one cared. I dunno if I want to go back there...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:50 am
amother Navy wrote:
We visited venice for the day, and it was plenty time. Love it there! There is a really nice kosher resteraunt there, not cheap though.

What was the name of the restaurant?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:52 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
We flew into Rome, then we went to Florence for a couple days, you went to Venice for Shabbos which was amazing, and we flew out from Milan so we were there for a day.

In Rome, we stayed in the hotel in the Jewish ghetto which was really really nice and super convenient.

Does that order make the most sense in terms of directions?

Also do you have the name of the hotel in Rome that you stayed in?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:35 pm
I went to Rome for a day when I was 20 and had a day off work. I arrived home 24 hours later.
Went with a friend. We used an amazing tour guide - we were looking for intense history.
Incredible experience.
One summer I went to Canazei (near mykosher), which was an Alpine vacation similar to Switzerland. I used the Venice airport so toured it the day I came and the day I left. Wouldn't recommend more than two days because Venice isn't that big. The first day I used Chabad tour guides for the whole Venice Ghetto, was fascinating.
Would not recommend Rome if you don't love history.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:36 pm
amother OP wrote:

I think gam gam

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:42 pm
There was a very detailed thread about this back in January which has names of hotels and restaurants and advice on visiting cities. I am a huge fan of Rome. This should give you some background:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....98605

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:44 pm
There's tons of info on the fb group Jewish Girls Travel and I'm sure on dansdeals forums or posts too

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

gam gam I believe
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics