Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Any Toyota Rav4 owners here?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 1:49 pm
I’m in the market for a Rav4 but can’t decide if I should go with the hybrid or gas model.
Besides for gas efficiency, does the hybrid offer a smoother ride?

Are both equally comfortable to drive?

I don’t do an awful lot of driving so if gas savings are the only pro for the hybrid version I wouldn’t pay the extra cost.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 1:57 pm
I have a 2011 rav4 so this might not be relevant but I love it, I have the gas version bc they didn't have a hybrid yet when I bought it. It drives so smoothly and isn't too big like a minivan, it also has a huge trunk and bc the trunk opens like a door its easy to load.

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 2:13 pm
In my experience, there is no difference in comfort level between hybrid and gas but if you want to see for yourself, take a test drive before purchasing. Just tell the sales person exactly what you want to do so that they have the models available for you to test.

If you don't drive much, the economics don't make sense. It is easy enough to just run the numbers and see what net cost is for each option. Of course you can't predict the future and theoretically you are doing a good thing by doing your part in terms of reliance on fossil fuels.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 6:31 pm
Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics