Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Itinerary Help!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:30 pm
Dh and I are iyH going to E'Y over the summer. We're hoping to focus mostly on tefilah/kevarim/gedolim. Any and all suggestions are helpful!

So far these are our ideas:
- kever rochel
- day in bnei brak to kevarim
- day in tzfas, meron, and tevaria

Any contacts to gedolim for brachos would be awesome!!
thank you!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:35 pm
Go to the kever האמהות In Tiveriah. Its not well known about. It's a bunch of women there, zilpah, bilhah, yocheved, miriam HaNevia, and a few more. Maybe batsheva? There's another kever nearby as well.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:36 pm
Are you interested in any workshops or tours? mehadrin resteraunts?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:41 pm
How about Chevron? And I know you're more interested in kevarim, but if you're going from Yerushalayim to Kever Rachel and Chevron, it's definitely worth stopping in the Gush - the museum and movie at Kfar Etzion are excellent, and there's also mehadrin food. You can walk derech ha-avot, where Avraham Avinu walked with Yitzchak on the way to the akeda.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
How about Chevron? And I know you're more interested in kevarim, but if you're going from Yerushalayim to Kever Rachel and Chevron, it's definitely worth stopping in the Gush - the museum and movie at Kfar Etzion are excellent, and there's also mehadrin food. You can walk derech ha-avot, where Avraham Avinu walked with Yitzchak on the way to the akeda.

I may be mistaken but from what I understood mehadrin in the Gush uses Heter mechira.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:58 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Go to the kever האמהות In Tiveriah. Its not well known about. It's a bunch of women there, zilpah, bilhah, yocheved, miriam HaNevia, and a few more. Maybe batsheva? There's another kever nearby as well.

This is so good to know - thank you! We’re going to Tiveria with a tour guide so will definitely ask about this.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 12:59 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Are you interested in any workshops or tours? mehadrin resteraunts?

For sure open to hearing about them!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 1:00 pm
amother Blonde wrote:

We were in E’Y back during yamim noraim and did chevron then with R Simcha Hochbaum so I don’t think we’re going to go again.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 1:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
For sure open to hearing about them!

I'll post some ideas later! What hescherim do you eat here?

STovah

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 1:28 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I may be mistaken but from what I understood mehadrin in the Gush uses Heter mechira.

Off topic but ooc which fruits & vegetables would still have an issue of kedushat sheviit in the summer? Before nixing the Gush restaurants, accurate info is important.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 1:56 pm
STovah wrote:
Off topic but ooc which fruits & vegetables would still have an issue of kedushat sheviit in the summer? Before nixing the Gush restaurants, accurate info is important.

Things that are pickled, potato chips, wine, grape juice, canned or frozen veggies/fruit and most fresh fruit is still kedushat shviit. There's other things that can be problematic but I can't think of everything.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 3:01 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I'll post some ideas later! What hescherim do you eat here?

Mehadrin milchigs and fleishigs

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 4:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Mehadrin milchigs and fleishigs

There's lots of different types of mehadrin. You eat anything that says mehadrin on it? Best to double check before I start giving reccomendations.

I'll post some ideas tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions