Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do you feel about the covid vaccine now?
1  2  3  4  Next

How do you feel about the covid vaccine now?
I never took it and never plan to  
 55%  [ 182 ]
I took the vaccine and regret it  
 7%  [ 26 ]
I took the vaccine and I'm happy I took it but would not take a booster  
 20%  [ 69 ]
I took a vaccine and I'm happy I took it and will continue to take boosters  
 10%  [ 36 ]
I took the vaccine and I'm not sure how I feel about it  
 4%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 329

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:23 pm
Curious now that there's some hindsight in covid and we see how everyone is doing, vaccinated vs not vaccinated, regarding to catching covid and regarding side effects of the vaccines, how do you feel about the vaccine if you took it, didn't take it etc

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:44 pm
My household members all were vaccinated including all eligible boosters, including the more recent bivalent booster. The minimal, temporary side effects were worth it. Our cases of COVID have been exceptionally mild if not completely asymptomatic (only tested because of other symptomatic household members, etc.). I intend for my family to continue getting routine boosters just like we all do also for flu shots.

Also, those of us who have been getting flu shots for years rarely get side effects anymore from them, and I wouldn't be surprised if after more vaccines with more variants that the side effects we've gotten from the covid shots fade away too with future boosters.

The risk/benefit analysis for my family has shown it's worthwhile for us.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:48 pm
I took the vaccine because I was forced to for work. I wish I wasn't forced to take it and would never have taken it otherwise. I never had covid till I took the vaccine and when I got covid it twice, none of my unvaccinated family members caught it from me. Medical decisions should be a choice and shouldn't be forced on people.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:50 pm
I chose the last option. I don’t regret taking it per say, because based on what I knew at the time it was the best choice for me. But with the knowledge I have now, I would make a different choice entirely. (I definitely wouldn’t consider any boosters!)

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:06 pm
Staunch vaccine enthusiast here. Have seen what not being vaccinated can do to people and don't ever want to be without, even if only partially effective.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:06 pm
I got it while pregnant during the Delta surge and I would do it again in a similar situation. Now the strains seem to be less dangerous for pregnant women but then, pregnant women were giving birth early, many were miscarrying, it was very scary.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:32 pm
Neither I, my husband or my kids got the vaccine and don't plan on taking it
Also no one in my immediate family ever had COVID

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I got it while pregnant during the Delta surge and I would do it again in a similar situation. Now the strains seem to be less dangerous for pregnant women but then, pregnant women were giving birth early, many were miscarrying, it was very scary.

Same here, I was just gonna post this. I was pregnant during the delta wave and it was crazy what was happening to pregnant wpmen. So many were ending up in ICU's with terrible outcomes either for themselves, their babies or both. I was exposed to covid a lot when I was pregnant and did not get it BH

I did not get any boosters because the subsequent strains were much milder. I do not regret for a second that I took it. it was the right decision for those circumstances

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:47 pm
What's the point of your post? I got the vaccine and a booster. You did not? I'll still be friends with you. Who the heck cares

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:50 pm
I wasn't vaccinated. Caught COVID only once, omicron surge, was sick for about a day.... BH!!!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:09 pm
My husband and I got vaccinated (just the initial 2 shots, never any boosters). Our kids did not. None of us got covid that we know of. My in-laws were furious that we didn't vax the kids (for covid, they are vaccinated for all the regular childhood stuff) and banned us from their house. My FIL wrote us nasty e-mails saying we were out to cause him harm by not vaccinating the kids (huh? We live in separate cities and never see them). There was a lot of inconsistency in their behavior though. MIL went back to work in her job at a frum school (where I am sure she was around unvaccinated kids) and FIL traveled out of town every few weeks to lead a minyan (he claimed that he knew that everyone was vaccinated at the shul). They also went to Israel etc. and were around plenty of people. I even saw them hug/kiss people at a simcha. Then before this Pesach after 2 years of this they said that now that covid has gotten milder they are inviting us into their house. We declined the invitation - they do not realize that they completely ruined the relationship (which wasn't super to begin with to be honest but this put lighter fluid on everything) and that a lot of repair will need to be done before we will consider spending a Shabbos or Y"T with them. I actually wish I could show this post to them LOL but I don't dare. Every detail in this post, unbelievable as it sounds, is true.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:27 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
What's the point of your post? I got the vaccine and a booster. You did not? I'll still be friends with you. Who the heck cares

I love that we can share information and hear about everyone's experience. I don't trust the government who was telling me to vaccinate my infant.
I don't trust the government who deliberately scared us by inflating covid deaths by including people who died *with* covid but not from covid.
I don't trust the government who told me that my natural immunity from having covid wasn't a reason not to get vaccinated.

So again, I love to hear what everyone has to say. From both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:34 pm
I didn't get it since I never had a need to. If I would have needed to I would have though.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:41 pm
I was pregnant during the Delta wave too. Those stories were clearly hyped up to scare pregnant women into vaccinating. I considered it for a bit but my OB didn’t recommend it. I’m happy with my decision. I wouldn’t have forgiven myself had something happened to my baby as a result.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:47 pm
I'm just shocked that it's years later, we are already seeing tons of adverse effects and people dropping dead - for some reason lots of young men the most, like age 60 and under - and people are all still "lalala the covid vaccine is the best thing ever". like what will make people connect the dots exactly.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:57 pm
I was pregnant during the Delta Wave and herd from both of people who were hospital with and with out taking it.

Did not take it because I have heard from a few places that it takes 27 years to find out if a drug is safe for a pregnant women to take and did not want to be a guinea pig.

I also had very bad asthma most of my pregnancy and felt if I did get Coivd I probably would not realize it and just treat it as bad asthma

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:18 pm
giftedmom wrote:
I was pregnant during the Delta wave too. Those stories were clearly hyped up to scare pregnant women into vaccinating. I considered it for a bit but my OB didn’t recommend it. I’m happy with my decision. I wouldn’t have forgiven myself had something happened to my baby as a result.

And if you had gotten COVID and something happened to your baby, would you have forgiven yourself then?

Sorry just your logic here is just strange.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
And if you had gotten COVID and something happened to your baby, would you have forgiven yourself then?

Sorry just your logic here is just strange.

..and if she would have taken the vaccine and something happened? It goes both ways.

There was no research on pregnant ladies, no research on the babies
All research of drugs happens on the backs of pregnant ladies that is why it takes 27 years to have data. Because that is how long it takes for the babies to grow up and have there own kids.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:31 pm
Based on what we know and have seen the last few years her logic is quite logical
Not talking about when the vax came out initially …but now daphne
Plenty of hype exposed and adverse events previously covered up now revealed R”L

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:37 pm
I lost a pregnancy at 20 weeks due to a genetic abnormality with the fetus. Dh had gotten the vaccine 2 weeks before I conceived.

Random coincidence? Who knows? The immediate effects of the vaccine on sperm and pregnancy was certainly not studied.

But dh did not want to take the vaccine, that was back when they were still checking antibody levels and he had high antibodies, but he was terrified to lose his job.

Forcing people to inject something into their bodies was not only wrong, it was grossly unethical and immoral and should never happen again.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics