Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
20 month old didnt eat all day

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 8:55 pm
Would you be concerned to put to sleep?
He had breakfast in the morning and threw up later I gave him tea and he threw that up. Later tried giving him a cookie he didn't want. Basically slept most of the day in spurts with crying some of the time in between I checked his temp and it was 102.4. I was planning to take him to the urgent care on motzei shabbos but he's sleeping and I'm wondering if it's safe to wait till morning?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
He had breakfast in the morning and threw up later I gave him tea and he threw that up. Later tried giving him a cookie he didn't want. Basically slept most of the day in spurts with crying some of the time in between I checked his temp and it was 102.4. I was planning to take him to the urgent care on motzei shabbos but he's sleeping and I'm wondering if it's safe to wait till morning?

I wouldn’t be concerned about eating. Drinking is the issue.
Does he have a wet diaper? Did he have tears when crying?
My dd was once not eating or drinking. She cried with no tears. Doc said she’s dehydrated and she had to get iv.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:08 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
I wouldn’t be concerned about eating. Drinking is the issue.
Does he have a wet diaper? Did he have tears when crying?
My dd was once not eating or drinking. She cried with no tears. Doc said she’s dehydrated and she had to get iv.

Yes he had wet diapers and cried with tears . I gave him tea a few times. But it looked like he threw it all up by the amount he vomited. Just hoping it's OK to let him sleep.

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:11 pm
He shouldn’t be eating while throwing up, and a cookie is really bad for his stomach right now. Stick to drinks, have him suck on popsicles if he doesn’t drink well. After he keeps liquid down for a few hours start him on the brat diet. Bananas, rice, apples, toast. After a day you can start with easy foods but stay off diary until he’s totally better.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:15 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
He shouldn’t be eating while throwing up, and a cookie is really bad for his stomach right now. Stick to drinks, have him suck on popsicles if he doesn’t drink well. After he keeps liquid down for a few hours start him on the brat diet. Bananas, rice, apples, toast. After a day you can start with easy foods but stay off diary until he’s totally better.

Ok thanks I gave him a biscuit because I figured that's something he might want and isn't too bad on the stomach. My main question is if it's OK to let him sleep tonight I'm just nervous.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:17 pm
He’s okay to sleep but he may wake up starving in the middle of the night early morning.

I would stick to non dairy foods.
Crackers. Rice cakes. Challah. Toast.

Sounds like he has a stomach bug.

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok thanks I gave him a biscuit because I figured that's something he might want and isn't too bad on the stomach. My main question is if it's OK to let him sleep tonight I'm just nervous.

Yes it’s fine.

amother
Apple

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:19 pm
Just make sure he’s ok throughout the night. Make sure his fever isn’t going to high, and he’s not covered too warm…. Try to give him even syringes of some liquid if he wakes up. Refuah shelama! And if you’re unsure you should call your pediatrician they have an emergency line . Hope he feels better fast! With fever there’s a chance it could be strep

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Just make sure he’s ok throughout the night. Make sure his fever isn’t going to high, and he’s not covered too warm…. Try to give him even syringes of some liquid if he wakes up. Refuah shelama! And if you’re unsure you should call your pediatrician they have an emergency line . Hope he feels better fast! With fever there’s a chance it could be strep

Thanks I went to check on him and he woke which was good thing because he has huge diaper with diarreah. Gave him now more tea in a bottle though he might throw it up...
For some reason his stomach bugs are very severe

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 9:46 pm
Bh he's acting better than by day showing interest...

myname1

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 12:24 am
Refuah shleima!

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:32 am
Pedialyte is a lifesaver when my kids are sick like that! You can make a homemade version too. When they can't keep anything down I give them a tiny bit at a time and at least I know they're staying hydrated.

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:43 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes
Let him rest
He might wake up in the night
Then give him just a bit of liquid and non sugry dry cracker

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:45 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks I went to check on him and he woke which was good thing because he has huge diaper with diarreah. Gave him now more tea in a bottle though he might throw it up...
For some reason his stomach bugs are very severe

Don’t give him bottles
Give him small amounts every 5-10 min
This way it will absorb and not cause vomiting
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics