Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Is this an mlm?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:57 am
There is an frum influencer that advertises every day about joining rodan and fields as a consultant, tells everyone to look at her vacations and gifts and join to do the same. Besides for promoting the products.
How is it not an mlm if she wants people to join as consultants and isn’t trying nearly as hard to sell product?
She makes it sound so genuine, like she’s trying yo help everyone make money. Even skeptical me is thinking about it. Can anyone explain? It looks like she stands to make more from bringing on consultants than selling product which I thought might be an mlm

scruffy

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:59 am
Yes, Rodan and Fields is an MLM.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:03 am
Yes a major one. Stay far away from it

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:29 am
It’s a “high class” mlm and stay away! She (and anyone else who is in an mlm) take advantage of people who don’t know better. The posting of their vacations and all of the stuff they were able to buy because of their MLM and time is right out of the playbook. They are literally instructed to do that by their up line.

I believe I know who you were talking about, her profile is now private, but you can see this particular MLM link in her public info even if you are not allowed access to her ig.

They have the lifestyle and luxury items/vacations because they buy a lot of inventory (and keep in their closet) and/or bring in a downline and make money off their sales. Other than 1% of the company, people either break even or end up in debt. The vacations and luxury items are because there is high pressure to project a lifestyle made possible by their mlm success, but they are in debt because of it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:40 am
So why would she post advising people to make a parnassah with it? She’s usually so real about money
Also, shouldn’t it come with disclaimers?

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:42 am
As with any MLM company, there are some people that are able to earn parnassa from it.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:44 am
amother OP wrote:
So why would she post advising people to make a parnassah with it? She’s usually so real about money

She’s in the cult she believes it

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:49 am
amother OP wrote:

No influencer is real about money. Or real at all.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:19 am
As someone who used their eyelash booster - while it is very expensive - it definitely works and made my thinning eyelashes grow like I was a teenager! And my ‘seller’ never tried to encourage me to join - only to buy!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:22 am
amother OP wrote:

Because she's the one who makes money off of it
Money corrupts unfortunately

chanatron1000

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:25 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
As someone who used their eyelash booster - while it is very expensive - it definitely works and made my thinning eyelashes grow like I was a teenager! And my ‘seller’ never tried to encourage me to join - only to buy!

Eyelash serums containing prostaglandin analogs work, but they can also cause serious side effects, some permanent.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:26 am
amother OP wrote:

Re: disclaimers - yes, every mlm is required to publish this. It’s hard to find though. Search for their “income disclosure statement”. It’s intentionally hard to find and hard to read.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:58 am
amother Forsythia wrote:

OMG. same!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:59 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
Eyelash serums containing prostaglandin analogs work, but they can also cause serious side effects, some permanent.

what kind of side effects?

chanatron1000

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 10:24 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
what kind of side effects?

Change of pigmentation in and around the eye and fat loss around the eye that leads to a sunken look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media