Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Summer - undershirts on 6y old girls?

Do you put undershirts on 6 yr old girls in the summer?
Yes  
 51%  [ 75 ]
No  
 47%  [ 69 ]
Other  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 146

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 9:56 am
If yes, best lightweight ones?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 10:01 am
I voted no. Unless the dress is closed w snaps in the front or has stiff seams or anything that could be itchy (o try not to buy those but sometimes forget or ibdont notice something) My kids don't wear undershirts in the summer heat. Girls and boys. They are 10, 8, 4, 1.
Other times when they do wear, they like the ribbed camis from Fearhers (girls) and the hanes ribbed tanks (boys)

My sister gets her girls the boys ribbed hanes tanks becuase its probably the thinnest undershirt to be gotten....

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:03 am
I do. Undershirts are much more comfortable fabrics than summer shirts. Besides I feel like the undershirt keeps them tucked nicely. Without it the shirts fly up.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:43 am
For girls mostly no. But depends what the outfit is. For boys my dh says the tzitzis can't be the first layer on the body. So they do wear.

tweety1

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:48 am
All my kids every age wear one. Dh and I too. Gross without.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:24 pm
My girls (ages 5 and 7) wear when they feel like it. Not usually in the summer. We have from next direct. Not cheap but super comfy.

I think Jack and Jill ones are also comfortable

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:28 pm
Yes unless they need a shell which is instead. Exceptions made for super hot days.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:31 pm
Always, and biker shorts also.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:05 pm
I don't like the way it looks when girls n*pples shows through. Some kids naturally have bigger nipples before developing. The way to avoid singling out is by always having them wear an undershirt. Another benefit is that it makes it much easier to transition to better cami once they do start developing.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:11 pm
No extra layers are not comfortable and annoying to deal with when changing for swimming. I only start when when they start developing

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:19 pm
Yes. Always. Every single day of the yr. Girls ages 8. 6. 5.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:20 pm
Keep them in undershirts. Hanes make super lightweight ones (other brands are be softer and thicker, depending on what child prefers).
Don't skip tbe undershirt or they get used to being without it and then at age 9/10 suffer through transition where they can't find any camis or sports bras that they can manage with (even if undershirts are all that they need at that point, they can't manage to wear them because they're not used to them).

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 10:42 pm
Absolutely not! The fewer layers the better in the summer! They already have to dress tzniusdik, so why make it even harder to be comfortable?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:26 pm
What even. DH is the only one who wears undershirts.
My baby wears only if there’s an uncomfortable outfit on top (like where the snaps have metal that would touch her skin).
For something needed under a sleeveless dress DD3 wears shells or white t shirt. So this is only some shabbosim.
My son wears undershirt tzitzis.
I wear shells for tznius purposes.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:29 pm
tweety1 wrote:
All my kids every age wear one. Dh and I too. Gross without.

Honest question, why is it gross?
I don't own undershirts for myself and I don't think I'm gross. DD who is 4.5 only wear undershirts when it's really cold and I don't think she is gross

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:31 pm
I voted other. My girls don’t wear undershirts past onesie age. Even onesies I’ll sometimes forgo if we’ll be outside a lot in the heat. Boys wear just tzitzis.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
For girls mostly no. But depends what the outfit is. For boys my dh says the tzitzis can't be the first layer on the body. So they do wear.

My husband says the same, but then I wonder about undershirt tzitzes. They wear 2 undershirts?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics