Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyones baby ever model?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:10 pm
I want my baby to model. She's 9 months old. How does it work? Do I get paid?

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:23 pm
I have a relative who ended up on a baby toy box. It was adorable but I don’t think the payout was so high.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:24 pm
babylustudios on instagram has her baby model for frum clothing companies. I dont know if she gets anything but maybe dm her?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:24 pm
What about baby clothes in the frum stores?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:26 pm
Maybe you shouldn't exploit your children for money... Just an idea

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
What about baby clothes in the frum stores?

see post above

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:18 pm
I’ve had my child model a few times for frum companies. I only did it if my dc would enjoy it and it didn’t become a whole ordeal. There was no payment, just the free outfit and nice photos

amother
Peony

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:26 pm
OP, why do you want your baby to model? And for money?? That's exploiting your baby, not ok.
Brands or photographers sometimes ask for volunteer models and offer the clothing and photographs in exchange. I don't think it's something they pay for.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:26 pm
Modeling isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I would be very hesitant to put a child through that. Speaking as a photographer who works with child models on a regular basis.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:36 pm
My baby modeled for someone I personally know. I did it as a favor but she did give me $100 because I wasted a few hours for this. I don't think I'd do it again even as a favor, it took too much time on my end

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:38 pm
Yes, unless you’re Kylie Jenner , modeling pays a few cents an hour. Many models do this in hopes of getting big one day but it doesn’t really work out for most of them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:40 pm
Doing it bc I want nice clothes I can't afford

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:42 pm
I know someone who’s kid modeled. Big (16x20+) pictures from the shoots all over the house, a hand full of 6x4 s of the other kids.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

I’m sorry, that’s a terrible reason to do this. Many times the brands don’t come through with their promises. Plus you have to be lucky to be picked for a shoot.
Find a side job that eats way less hours and energy than modeling and doesn’t involve your baby, and pay for it with that money.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

So buy what you can afford instead of exploiting your baby! Don't put your baby through that because you don't want to live within your means. There are plenty well priced nice clothing.
If you're that desperate, you can look out for ads for volunteer models, they'll probably shoot the fall winter line in June/July.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:46 pm
I know someone who was a gerber baby. A real baby model not a model for a frum brand. Obviously she was a beautiful baby. She modeled for many big brands in print and on tv. She made a very nice amount of money from it. At around four years old or five she became a selective mute and completely stopped talking. Her parents realized what the modeling was doing to her and stopped and years later she is a regular person who has a great portfolio from when she was a baby.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Violet wrote:
I know someone who was a gerber baby. A real baby model not a model for a frum brand. Obviously she was a beautiful baby. She modeled for many big brands in print and on tv. She made a very nice amount of money from it. At around four years old or five she became a selective mute and completely stopped talking. Her parents realized what the modeling was doing to her and stopped and years later she is a regular person who has a great portfolio from when she was a baby.

Whaaat?

amother
Seashell

My kids model. I usually get paid $300 per shoot. It started out as a favor, but my kids really enjoyed it and asked to do it again. So we did. You can call it exploiting but for us it was a way to spend time with the kids and giving them attention. Are there other ways to give them attention? Sure. But they chose this way.

amother
Obsidian

amother Snow wrote:
Whaaat?

It’s not unheard of. Modeling puts a ton of pressure on a child which can lead to debilitating anxiety.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:01 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
My kids model. I usually get paid $300 per shoot. It started out as a favor, but my kids really enjoyed it and asked to do it again. So we did. You can call it exploiting but for us it was a way to spend time with the kids and giving them attention. Are there other ways to give them attention? Sure. But they chose this way.

It sounds like they’re much older than op’s baby . They want it, and you’re doing it for the right reasons.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries