Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Rental space for a homebirth in NY any ideas?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 9:59 am
Not looking to debate about the safety of a homebirth, this is the right decision for my family.

I heard of women in Monsey who rent out their apartments or spaces for homebirths. Does anything like that exist in Long Island? Queens? Brooklyn? Far Rockaway? Monsey is too far.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:19 am
I hope you find one!

amother
Apple

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:21 am
Ive heard of ppl booking hotel rooms. Hope that helps.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:00 am
amother Apple wrote:

my midwives dont want me to do that since they've had issues in the past with hotel management.

wish I lived in monsey right about now!

amother
OP

amother Blush wrote:
I hope you find one!

me too :-)

amother
Smokey

Air bnb?

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:04 am
I’m sorry I can’t help. I’d like you to know though that the hatzolah ladies who were by my recent homebirth were impressed with how clean it was. I was prepared, so my bed stayed clean.
Anyone who might be concerned about a mess should know that preparation nearly negates those concerns.
Chux pads solve our problems!

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:04 am
amother Apple wrote:

That is just so wrong. So wrong.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:11 am
Iymnok wrote:
I’m sorry I can’t help. I’d like you to know though that the hatzolah ladies who were by my recent homebirth were impressed with how clean it was. I was prepared, so my bed stayed clean.
Anyone who might be concerned about a mess should know that preparation nearly negates those concerns.
Chux pads solve our problems!

I dont care about the mess. I live in a small apartment with no washing machine and my walls are paper thin with neighbors.

(how come you had hatzala ladies at your HB?)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:12 am
amother Poppy wrote:
That is just so wrong. So wrong.

Why is it wrong? Bring your own towels and had chux pads and liners on the bed so nothing is stained. Obviously a person shouldnt leave the hotel room like a blood bath.

Rappel

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:15 am
If you're already considering a hotel room - maybe it's worth going to a natural birthing room in a hospital?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:16 am
Rappel wrote:
If you're already considering a hotel room - maybe it's worth going to a natural birthing room in a hospital?

No interest in birthing in a hospital and the birthing center by me has more regulations than the hospital.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:18 am
As someone who's had bh four homebirths. One when I lived in an apartment with paper thin walls. I think your idea is insane. I'm not sure what the point of a home birth is if you're doing it in somebody else's house. I know of people who have done it and I still don't understand it. The idea of a home birth is being in your own house, not somewhere else. If you're willing to go to somebody else's house, then just go to our natural birthing center. It's the same thing.

Rappel

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:24 am
amother OP wrote:
No interest in birthing in a hospital and the birthing center by me has more regulations than the hospital.

Maybe hospitals are different in Israel vs the US. In my experience here, a natural birthing room has all the amenities you would want (large bath, hotel decorations, low soft lighting, balls and steps and massage oil...) and none of the nosy neighbours, nor the messy bed.

Hmmm....If you really want to get away from everything, then I hear there are some nice beach rentals on Long Island.

Otherwise, maybe it's worth staying home and just using old sheets you don't intend to wash?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:34 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
As someone who's had bh four homebirths. One when I lived in an apartment with paper thin walls. I think your idea is insane. I'm not sure what the point of a home birth is if you're doing it in somebody else's house. I know of people who have done it and I still don't understand it. The idea of a home birth is being in your own house, not somewhere else. If you're willing to go to somebody else's house, then just go to our natural birthing center. It's the same thing.

Im not asking you to understand it. The idea of a homebirth is being a safe setting with midwives who support and trust your body and not feel pressured by the many rules and regulations hospitals have. I dont like my apartment it doesnt feel like home to me. Im not asking to not pay, there are women who rent out spaces for a fee.

There are no natural birthing centers by me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:36 am
Rappel wrote:
Maybe hospitals are different in Israel vs the US. In my experience here, a natural birthing room has all the amenities you would want (large bath, hotel decorations, low soft lighting, balls and steps and massage oil...) and none of the nosy neighbours, nor the messy bed.

Hmmm....If you really want to get away from everything, then I hear there are some nice beach rentals on Long Island.

Otherwise, maybe it's worth staying home and just using old sheets you don't intend to wash?

Europe and Israel are more natural minded I think when it comes to birth. I heard the hospitals in Israel have more amenities. Sounds beautiful youre lucky bh!

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:37 am
Maybe you have a friend /neighbor with basement bedroom and bathroom who would be receptive to lending on sper of moment.
BTW live in Brooklyn. Our apartment is smaller than micro living and bh had many beautiful homebirths. You may be subconscious about neighbors hearing you but maybe (I don't know your walls) it's more a fear of your than reality. Can you play quiet music, put sound machine by adjoining wall? ...how noisy do you plan on being???

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:39 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Maybe you have a friend /neighbor with basement bedroom and bathroom who would be receptive to lending on sper of moment.
BTW live in Brooklyn. Our apartment is smaller than micro living and bh had many beautiful homebirths. You may be subconscious about neighbors hearing you but maybe (I don't know your walls) it's more a fear of your than reality. Can you play quiet music, put sound machine by adjoining wall? ...how noisy do you plan on being???

No I live on a street of apartments its all young couples.. no houses with basements here.
Could be im subconcious and the fear is whats scaring me. The quiet music and sound machine sound like great suggestions thank you

Not sure how noisy I plan on being.... I dont need to feel embarassed if I need to moan or make noise! Neighbor across from me is a hatzalah member. Did you tell your neighbors you were having a HB? Im not really looking for anyone to make any comments though

Rappel

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:46 am
amother OP wrote:
No I live on a street of apartments its all young couples.. no houses with basements here.
Could be im subconcious and the fear is whats scaring me. The quiet music and sound machine sound like great suggestions thank you

Not sure how noisy I plan on being.... I dont need to feel embarassed if I need to moan or make noise! Neighbor across from me is a hatzalah member. Did you tell your neighbors you were having a HB? Im not really looking for anyone to make any comments though

I hear that. You want to be able to relax, and it's hard to do that when you're worried what the neighbours are thinking.

https://www.wimdu.com/long-island

I'm sure Airbnb and 1000 other websites also have listings. It's very possible to get a cottage house right near the water, and be able to enjoy the space for a few days before you even go into labour.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:47 am
My first homebirth no neighbors new in advance. At thus point its just what our family does and all are aware of that.
Our first HB I was subconscious of neighbors and had window open and verbalized fear of neighbors hearing. Lol they had no clue. No longer worried.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries