Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If you have a septic tank

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 3:57 pm
So, I'm in the process of purchasing a house and just had the septic inspection and they said each person in the house shouldn't take more than one shower a day and that you should only do 2 loads of laundry every other day. Is this accurate or can you take more showers? How strict so you need to be with all the rules?

amother
Jean

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:00 pm
We only take one shower each because that’s just how we always lived. Laundry I do as I need don’t think about it. We’ve been fine. You can just have it pumped sooner if you use more.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
So, I'm in the process of purchasing a house and just had the septic inspection and they said each person in the house shouldn't take more than one shower a day and that you should only do 2 loads of laundry every other day. Is this accurate or can you take more showers? How strict so you need to be with all the rules?

I live in a septic tank house and don’t follow these rules. I sometimes take 2 showers a day (but its just me, dh and my baby) and have done 2 loads of laundry in a day (maybe 3?). But we are careful to not flush thick toilet paper. So far nothing happened but we’ve only lived here for around 6 months.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Jean wrote:
We only take one shower each because that’s just how we always lived. Laundry I do as I need don’t think about it. We’ve been fine. You can just have it pumped sooner if you use more.

Thanks! My husband likes to take showers twice a day and got nervous about this. The guidelines makes it sound like you have to be really careful with water usuage. Do you like having a septic? How much does it cost to get pumped?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:11 pm
Grew up with septic tanks. We showered and did laundry as much as needed. Just be careful with what you flush. Never use the disposal in the kitchen. Only toilet paper gets flushed, and not the super thick kind. My parents only had to issues with the septic tank close to 20 years later.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:14 pm
I have never heard of water usage restrictions with septic. Just be careful what u flush

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:56 pm
Depends on the size of the tank...

amother
Dill

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 5:05 pm
Buying a new house with septic, what brands toilet paper can you use? Is charming okay? I’m guessing no Kleenex (what we use now even though it’s terrible)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating