Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Frustrated at boss/work

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:06 am
I am feeling extremely frustrated at work these past few months.

Partially because the industry changed and it got much harder to accomplish tasks.
I am literally redoing each thing again and again. Somethings always had to be done twice because the nature of it, small details are easy to miss. Now I just feel like I am spinning in circles.

The other reason is my real reason for posting. My boss's life is overwhelming and he is not finishing his tasks. We don't lie to our customers. There is just so much I can take. He forgets to tell me important details, and then I have to reschedule the entire day, contact multiple people to restructure another day. Pushes things to the bottom of the pipe until the 11th hour.
I can leave a note with questions, only for it to be totally disregarded and I have to redo everything.
Is there a way to tell your boss that its just too hard?
He's been picking up slightly on my vibe and saying things like don't internalize it, the industry is just hard today.

I also think I am underpaid, that probably what is making me frustrated.. It is only 10am and I'm already pulling my hair out!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:21 am
Is this a two person operation?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:26 am
amother Puce wrote:
Is this a two person operation?

Nope, but I work the most full time in the office.

We have 1 more that clocks more hours than me but never comes in.
The other works part in, part remotely.

It is your typical small frum office environment.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Nope, but I work the most full time in the office.

We have 1 more that clocks more hours than me but never comes in.
The other works part in, part remotely.

It is your typical small frum office environment.

So boss = business owner?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:56 am
amother Puce wrote:
So boss = business owner?

yes

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:01 am
Would you feel this way if you got a significant raise? Clearly he needs you, I would demand a raise.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:14 am
Do you mind sharing which industry this is? have you compared notes with other people at your level in your industry?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:22 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Would you feel this way if you got a significant raise? Clearly he needs you, I would demand a raise.

I tried. I asked to work remotely for 2 weeks so I can take my children away a little bit. We discussed that I haven't gotten a raise in many years, but I did get other small bonuses, to accommodate the preschool schedule. It is great, but I still think I am due for a raise as well.

I keep thinking if I would be happier, for a week, and then? would I not be frustrated with his personality? I probably would.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
I tried. I asked to work remotely for 2 weeks so I can take my children away a little bit. We discussed that I haven't gotten a raise in many years, but I did get other small bonuses, to accommodate the preschool schedule. It is great, but I still think I am due for a raise as well.

I keep thinking if I would be happier, for a week, and then? would I not be frustrated with his personality? I probably would.

Find someone else to work for.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:25 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Do you mind sharing which industry this is? have you compared notes with other people at your level in your industry?

I don't have whom to ask. I used to talk to someone years ago, but I don't even know if she's still at that company.

My boss claims the industry is bad by everyone. Government regulations and such.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:37 am
What are your hours and salary? Of course he said it is bad everywhere. He has a reason to want to keep you around. I assume he has raised his rates due to inflation, you deserve a raise.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:43 am
justforfun87 wrote:
What are your hours and salary? Of course he said it is bad everywhere. He has a reason to want to keep you around. I assume he has raised his rates due to inflation, you deserve a raise.

24 hours a week, $55k. Obvs net is a lot, a lot less. Dh claims the deductions.
I got this many years ago, when I worked 27 hours. Full was 35 hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics