Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Why are people always trashing influencers?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:44 pm
There is one influencer who I enjoy following because her lifestyle (what she shows us at least) is something I can't relate to at all - trips, Hermes, jewelry (which could all be fakes for all I know or care)... and I like her because she stays in her lane and never veers off to try to come across as inspiring, as a role model, or as a spokesperson or role model for anything. She posts content that she feels like posting and anyone who wants to look can look.

There is one who I was following who initially posted content that I gained from, but she veered greatly and aside from leaving her initial platform of affordable items, she BH started to get sponsorships and partnerships from higher end brands (which is great for her! but bad for me). She always used her kids as content, but I reached my unfollow limit when she posted about the celebration for one of the kids, and then the next day that it was cancelled, the reason it was cancelled (shaming the child), and that she went and enjoyed the celebration on her own since it was already paid for. Like, fine I get it... but maybe don't post that part. Go, enjoy, and not shame the kid. Leave them out of it. She got a LOT of pushback, and rather than take it as a learning experience, she came on IG and said she'd been cyber-bullied for her content and shame on everyone for making her feel so bad, and because everyone is so awful she had to take time off...

Follow who you like, unfollow the ones who occupy too much free space in your head.

But if your content is your kids - it's an unfollow for me every time.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
There is one influencer who I enjoy following because her lifestyle (what she shows us at least) is something I can't relate to at all - trips, Hermes, jewelry (which could all be fakes for all I know or care)... and I like her because she stays in her lane and never veers off to try to come across as inspiring, as a role model, or as a spokesperson or role model for anything. She posts content that she feels like posting and anyone who wants to look can look.

There is one who I was following who initially posted content that I gained from, but she veered greatly and aside from leaving her initial platform of affordable items, she BH started to get sponsorships and partnerships from higher end brands (which is great for her! but bad for me). She always used her kids as content, but I reached my unfollow limit when she posted about the celebration for one of the kids, and then the next day that it was cancelled, the reason it was cancelled (shaming the child), and that she went and enjoyed the celebration on her own since it was already paid for. Like, fine I get it... but maybe don't post that part. Go, enjoy, and not shame the kid. Leave them out of it. She got a LOT of pushback, and rather than take it as a learning experience, she came on IG and said she'd been cyber-bullied for her content and shame on everyone for making her feel so bad, and because everyone is so awful she had to take time off...

Follow who you like, unfollow the ones who occupy too much free space in your head.

But if your content is your kids - it's an unfollow for me every time.

This hurts to read. So sad 😞
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media