Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Trio, TTI, Touro, Sara Schenirer, WITS, EEC, New seminary
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:08 pm
We are in search of frum college programs for our daughter.

As options we have: Trio, TTI, Touro, Sara Schenirer, WITS, EEC, and The New seminary.
We have no experience with any of these places since she is our only daughter and our sons are in learning so they haven't done any college programs yet.

We would greatly appreciate if anyone on here has any experience with ANY of the college programs listed above that can tell us what they liked/disliked about it.

What are the pros and cons of them?

Do all of these places give respected degrees? Will my daughter be able to get great jobs from most of these degrees that these places offer?

Lastly, are there any other frum college programs that we do not know about?!

Just One

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:11 pm
What is your daughter going for?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:11 pm
There's also Stern

Imateacher

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:12 pm
Loved Sara schenirere for undergrad! I did Touro for graduate school

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:13 pm
What are you trying to do now? Get a bachelor's degree? Where is your daughter holding?

A degree is, by definition, accredited.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:15 pm
I did TTI for my daughter. It helped with seminary and the classes were in my girls’ school. Didn’t even look at the others for this reason.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:19 pm
What is Trio? I never heard of it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:20 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
What are you trying to do now? Get a bachelor's degree? Where is your daughter holding?

A degree is, by definition, accredited.

It appears to be from my understanding that excelsior degrees aren't as accredited as other degrees. But I might be totally wrong.

Anyone have an excelsior degree that wanna let me know if their Bachelors degree was accepted by great jobs?

I'm that I'm totally clueless over here. I'm a newbie to the frum college world since I'm a Baal Teshuvah. But my daughter is regular BY type school graduate, and is Yeshivish

Cressel

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:21 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
What is Trio? I never heard of it.

https://trio.academy/yeshiva-a.....gram/

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
It appears to be from my understanding that excelsior degrees aren't as accredited as other degrees. But I might be totally wrong.

Anyone have an excelsior degree that wanna let me know if their Bachelors degree was accepted by great jobs?

I'm that I'm totally clueless over here. I'm a newbie to the frum college world since I'm a Baal Teshuvah. But my daughter is regular BY type school graduate, and is Yeshivish

Accredited means that it's a degree. You earn college credits to get a degree, hence accredited.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:24 pm
It depends on what your daughter wants. Does she want to get into a different grad program? Many universities have "wised up" to what the quickie degrees are. They also see transcripts, how long it took her to get her BA, and may not accept her.
Does she want to work in the secular world or just in a BY/frum environment? These frum programs do not always prepare their students for real life.
I have worked with and supervised graduates from some of these programs and would not hire another one if I had a better option. The students are used to being "coddled", dont have the same education, not exposed to real world stuff (in my field it is critical but think social workers who arent taught about specific issues that are common in tbe world), expect certain leniencies no one else does...

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:26 pm
Genesis is another frum online program - Genesisu.edu

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
It depends on what your daughter wants. Does she want to get into a different grad program? Many universities have "wised up" to what the quickie degrees are. They also see transcripts, how long it took her to get her BA, and may not accept her.
Does she want to work in the secular world or just in a BY/frum environment? These frum programs do not always prepare their students for real life.
I have worked with and supervised graduates from some of these programs and would not hire another one if I had a better option. The students are used to being "coddled", dont have the same education, not exposed to real world stuff (in my field it is critical but think social workers who arent taught about specific issues that are common in tbe world), expect certain leniencies no one else does...

We are out-of-towners so she may not have the option to work in a frum environment.

She doesn't know exactly what she wants to do yet (but we are hopefully gonna work with a frum career coach soon)

But let's say for example that she wants to work in ABA. (Just an example, not her idea)
She'd likely have to work in a regular, secular office until she gets married.

Do such places accept BAs from these frum programs? Or no because they aren't fully accredited enough?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:31 pm
The fastest and least expensive bachelor's program that's been around for longest and knows the ins and outs to guide you is TTI. If you're eligible, you can also send your daughter to seminary through TTI with financial aid which can help pay for seminary and help her get her degree faster. After the BA, they have Master's programs through various colleges for most of the popular frum fields. That's my take.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
We are out-of-towners so she may not have the option to work in a frum environment.

She doesn't know exactly what she wants to do yet (but we are hopefully gonna work with a frum career coach soon)

But let's say for example that she wants to work in ABA. (Just an example, not her idea)
She'd likely have to work in a regular, secular office until she gets married.

Do such places accept BAs from these frum programs? Or no because they aren't fully accredited enough?

Why does she need a BA to work in an office?

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:52 pm
All of their different programs have pros and cons, so depending what she wants to come out with is how I would choose.

some questions to think about after deciding what Undergrad/Grad options seem to be the best fit.

How much is self study vs live classes vs prerecorded classes. Are there exams and tests from the college or do they take college level tests like cleps etc. Is she self motivated?

Some are easier to get financial aid from if that's a consideration/some give grants or scholarships.

Most of these programs are through other colleges, If she is going to work in a secular workplace, find out if the degree will say the frum college or the random college they work through.

A side note, I was told if you go to one frum program for undergrad, then it's very hard to gte into a different program for grad school. I did not find that to be the case. I switched back and forth between Touro, Sara shenirer, TTI, and Touro. They tell you they may not take you, because they want you to stay with them.

Touro undergrad seems to be the longest. most of my friends who went there seemed to finish their BA the latest.
Since TTI and Sara Schenirer accept Cleps and each others courses, you can do a lot of self work and finish pretty fast. I finished BA SS in 11 months (part time- I was working full time). No grad school's batted an eye at where my degree was from. I ended up moving to Israel so did Touro's online school for my masters, in 10 months.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:55 pm
I finished my ba thru tti and went straight to YU with it. They made me take ged test too otherwise no problem with it.
I made sure yu would accept it before doing
What is her end goal- work backwards

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:57 pm
I am finishing my masters in TTI now Baruch Hashem. My bachelors took a long time cuz I was stupid but as soon as I was motivated to finish, I did it in like a month. Not sure what your daughter is looking to go into but I'm sure tti is from the least expensive and likely quickest option. I took out a student loan but really Baruch Hashem didn't need to (under 20k for masters paid out over 2 years)

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:01 pm
What does she want to do long term? I did TTI for undergraduate and got my degree through Excelsior college. My graduate degree was through Walden University, fully online, which I did on my own. My second Masters degree was through Grand Canyon University, also online. Both were easy to navigate. Both had supervised internships but the flexibility allowed me to work full-time while completing my degrees so I was able to gain experience simultaneously and start moving upwards. I didn't choose a very lucrative field (public education) so 12 years down the line I earn about 103K base salary annually. With tutoring on the side I make around 130K. Nobody cared or asked where my degrees were from, even though the market was quite competitive when I was hired.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:22 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Why does she need a BA to work in an office?

To work in an ABA office for example. I meant an ABA therapy office, not a secretary type of job.

Was just a career example, but not the particular career she decided on. We haven't worked with our career coach to decided what she wants to do yet.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics