Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ds 4 wakes up in middle of the night and won’t calm down

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:05 pm
This happens nightly. He wakes up crying and I can’t calm him down. I try talking to him hugging him and soothing him but he just yells at me to go away. This can go on for an hour. Nothing I do calms him. I’m the end he usually calls for me after an hour and that’s when I’m able to calm him. I don’t know what to do, I can’t bear to listen to him crying for so long!

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:09 pm
Someone close to me had this with a child.

The child ended up having a rare but serious bone infection which he couldn't express with words but he was in excruciating pain in middle of the night.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:11 pm
If he was in pin he would complain during the day too, no?

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
If he was in pin he would complain during the day too, no?

Her child didn't.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:14 pm
Try putting sefer reziel hamalach under the child’s pillow. It helps with bad dreams/night terrors.

schoolbus

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:15 pm
Very possible it’s pinworms. Many times it doesn’t hurt in middle of the day only comes out at night

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:17 pm
But he doesn’t tell me anything hurts when he finally calls for me. He usually just asks me to tuck him in.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:17 pm
My toddler would wake up in middle of the night crying inconsolably but when asked if she needed the bathroom, cried no. We noticed a pattern of her calming down as soon as she got to use the bathroom (and when that happened we could see that she truly did need to use the bathroom). So when she began to cry, we just picked her up and bought her to the bathroom while speaking soothingly (because she cried and resisted) and as soon as she started using the bathroom she calmed down. Afterwards we were able to tuck her back in and she was much happier BH.

If this doesn't work, take a flashlight and check for pinworms. If you can't find them, take him to the pediatrician so they can test for them.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:18 pm
Is your child aware when he's screaming? My daughter had this for years (not every might but frequently). It was night terrors and she grew out of them. It's pretty unsettling to watch.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:23 pm
Pinworms. Just had this last night with my son and checked him for pinworms and he has.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:24 pm
We had this with my 3 yr old son nightly. He bh just stopped. It was pinworms. We only realized when it was Soo bad that he eventually said bobo tushy and we saw tonz of them swarming:( he also woke up to pee and was too tired to actually get up so wld just scream and scream until he releived himself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers