Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is TTI a respected degree?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:04 pm
I've come across different opinions regarding TTI degrees. Some individuals claim that TTI degrees are generally considered inferior and not highly regarded, (which could be one of the reasons why Touro doesn't accept TTI bachelor's degrees.)

On the other hand, there are people who told me that TTI degrees are indeed respected. It would be helpful to hear from people who have gotten jobs with TTI degrees that can share their experience.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've come across different opinions regarding TTI degrees. Some individuals claim that TTI degrees are generally considered inferior and not highly regarded, (which could be one of the reasons why Touro doesn't accept TTI bachelor's degrees.)

On the other hand, there are people who told me that TTI degrees are indeed respected. It would be helpful to hear from people who have gotten jobs with TTI degrees that can share their experience.

Not respected. Don't waste your time and money. Most college and graduate programs will not accept a tti degree. My immediate family member got his b.a. with tti and had to redo his b.a. because graduate schools didn't accept it as a valid degree/college. Yes he called tti to ask for a refund because his degree was worthless . They didn't care .

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:16 pm
And I took my tti degree straight to YU (which I attended for real, in person)

Best is to work backwards from what you want your masters degree bc yeah tti on its own is nothing special

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:23 pm
Can you get a masters from tti or just a bachelor's?

Cressel

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:33 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Can you get a masters from tti or just a bachelor's?

You can get a Masters at TTI, they only offer a few masters programs available.

I think only in ABA, Special Ed, Speech Language Pathology, OT, and Business.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:45 pm
In general, it doesn’t matter how respected a university is unless you’re trying to get in to either top 5 firms or another highly acclaimed university. I have my master degree from TTI and now have a license and am doing quite fine. So it depends on what you’re using it for

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 8:10 pm
It depends on the program you're planning to attend. I went to a typical university and they had no issue accepting my degree as long as it was from an accredited college. Touro on the other hand is known not to accept TTI because they don't like the way TTI does their programs. Your best bet would be to find out if people completed a degree through TTI and then went onto the program you want without issue.

To directly answer your question, it's not a respected degree. But it's an accredited degree.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 9:38 pm
Touro will tell you that they don't accept it because they want you to come to their bachelor's program, but people have gone on to Touro from TTI.

The TTI degree is not from TTI, it's from a regular college that TTI has a partnership with.

I've looked at their website, and on the home page you can see a list of colleges that graduates have gone on to.

It's the same type of degree as Sarah Schenirer, the new seminary, Trio, EEC and all the other frum programs.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 9:41 pm
It is not worthless at all. Decide the path you want to take and ask them about it. It’s it through Thomas Edison college or one of those?

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 9:45 pm
It’s a waste of money I went to tti and they hire the cheapest teachers and don’t really teach. You will
Never get a penny back from them.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 9:45 pm
My husband got into Columbia and NYU master's programs with his TTI bachelor's degree. He did not however get into Touro; they told him straight up that they view TTI as competition for the same undergrad students and don't take TTI graduates.

I'd work backwards if I were you. Figure out what master's programs your interested in and get a bachelor's that meets their criteria.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 10:31 pm
I got my Bachelors through TTI, I finished it by the time I came back from seminary. Definitely didn’t learn anything but that ($6000) piece of paper was enough to get into a proper masters program. I would get a TTI degree as a stepping stone but it has little value itself.
(Granted this was almost 20 years ago so maybe things changed).

Cressel

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 11:22 pm
Does this mean that Sara Schenirer won't accept TTI Bachelors because TTI is their competitor?

Also, anyone know of frum college programs for graduate school that DO accept TTI?
Besides for TTI grad school itself lol Wink

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 2:47 pm
I’d focus on making sure you will know enough to be good at the job you are doing. Do we need more lousy speech therapists? Do you want your kid getting special ed services from somebody who didn’t have a comprehensive training in that subject? I am concerned that we are dumbing down the college education of our children, and in a few years we will be left with a community of service providers and other professionals that are completely not qualified to do their job. As an employer, I definitely want to hire those who graduated from more academic and serious programs. It is not possible for somebody to get equivalent education by taking six months worth of tests at home as they could get by going to a real college with real classes.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
It is not worthless at all. Decide the path you want to take and ask them about it. It’s it through Thomas Edison college or one of those?

TTI us not a college. What they do is help you get a degree through a college. I think they might go through Excelsior as they are NY based (I have a degree from Thomas Edison which I got on my own, not through any Frum program. It works for what I need it for). They are also affiliated with other colleges, depending on the program.

Excelsior is an accredited college but it may not be enough, depending on what type of degree you are looking for.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 3:28 pm
Sara Schenirer will take it just depends on the program and your age.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 3:41 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
In general, it doesn’t matter how respected a university is unless you’re trying to get in to either top 5 firms or another highly acclaimed university. I have my master degree from TTI and now have a license and am doing quite fine. So it depends on what you’re using it for

I went to grad school at Adelphi about 10 years ago, and my classmates who had a bachelors from TTI had to take a lot of extra classes because their bachelors wasn’t considered sufficient. I think at some point they stopped accepting it altogether.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 17 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Red wrote:
I’d focus on making sure you will know enough to be good at the job you are doing. Do we need more lousy speech therapists? Do you want your kid getting special ed services from somebody who didn’t have a comprehensive training in that subject? I am concerned that we are dumbing down the college education of our children, and in a few years we will be left with a community of service providers and other professionals that are completely not qualified to do their job. As an employer, I definitely want to hire those who graduated from more academic and serious programs. It is not possible for somebody to get equivalent education by taking six months worth of tests at home as they could get by going to a real college with real classes.

Are you saying that these "quick and easy degree" programs don't prepare the girls to do their jobs properly or are you saying that they give their degrees so fast that it doesn't give them the skills and training necessary to be skilled?

Because my understanding was that the reason non-jewish colleges take 4 years and frum programs take 1 year its because they cut out all the "useless" classes that have nothing to do with the career they wanna do.
Not because they aren't teaching them enough about their job/not educating them for long enough.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone here that knows/hired people from these frum colleges that can tell me if they are skilled at what they do or not?

Or anyone here got a degree from one of these fast frum colleges that can say whether or not they felt prepared and skilled to do their work?

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Jun 17 2023, 11:09 pm
amother Red wrote:

I got a masters degree in education, sitting in actual classes at YU azrieli... didn't learn anything that I hadn't already known from being in the classroom for 4 years

Let's not pretend education is better than experience

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Jun 17 2023, 11:11 pm
I went to touro for undergrad for speech bc tti didnt have a speech program yet
but I went to a regular masters program.

you really just learn what to do during clinicals and your externship. if its cheaper in the long run just do TTI.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics