Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Newark,NJ
Previous  1  2

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 9:51 am
OP, why do you want to live in Newark?
Elizabeth is not far. Passaic isn't very far either.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 10:54 am
There's no Jewish community there at all. It's an easy enough commute from Elizabeth, Passaic or Teaneck.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:02 am
amother Clear wrote:
OP, why do you want to live in Newark?
Elizabeth is not far. Passaic isn't very far either.

I truly believe she was a troll trying to prove to herself that we’re racist and people will answer its not safe because of the skin color. Read the posts.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:06 am
Passaic is super close to Newark, maybe even closer than Elizabeth depending on what area of Newark. There’s a nice amount of frum people working in Newark who commute form Passaic.

This explains a bit of what happened to Newark. It was a huge Jewish community before that but really went downhill.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....riots

mommyla

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:06 am
[quote="amother OP"]
cnc wrote:
Has a very high crime rate and lots of drugs literally wherever you go .

Thank you. Im more concerned about crime and drugs than the color of people’s skin. I dont think you have to mention that its all black. High crime and drugs can happen anywhere

Literally nobody except you mentioned skin color.

It is a high-crime unsafe area. No Jewish community.

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:07 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
I truly believe she was a troll trying to prove to herself that we’re racist and people will answer its not safe because of the skin color. Read the posts.

I agree!!!!!

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:13 am
I grew up in Elizabeth, which is right next door to Newark.

There hasn't been a Jewish community in Newark I many years, it moved to Elizabeth quite some time ago.

Elizabeth has a nice community and is close by. There is also a community in Linden.

There are parts of Newark that really are not safe to walk around. Not all of it is a run down slum, people work there, but certainly no Jewish community.

Plenty of nice Jewish communities in NJ, is there a specific reason you are looking at Newark?

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:16 am
amother Celeste wrote:
I grew up in Elizabeth, which is right next door to Newark.

There hasn't been a Jewish community in Newark I many years, it moved to Elizabeth quite some time ago.

Elizabeth has a nice community and is close by. There is also a community in Linden.

There are parts of Newark that really are not safe to walk around. Not all of it is a run down slum, people work there, but certainly no Jewish community.

Plenty of nice Jewish communities in NJ, is there a specific reason you are looking at Newark?

She wanted to spark some baloney comments that we are racists. Op, you can move to Chicago or Philly if you like gun violence and heavy drugs. No one is stopping you. Just get a good life insurance first.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:33 am
Wow you people are really nasty. I meant no harm by my question. For those who gave a thorough actual answer to my question thank you. For the ones with the nasty comments such as troll, etc you should really watch how you speak to people.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:35 am
Just curious what is in Newark that is of interest to you….

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:37 am
If you think a poster is a troll, click the report button.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:46 am
You know to be honest, no I am not a troll and I know better now to take myself off of this website now. My husband and I were presented with an opportunity there and we thought it could help our financial situation. So I was inquiring.. however I expected an answer more than “theres a bunch of black people”. Unsafe, drugs yes I do care about that and would not want to move in that but I could really care less if people are white , blue or green. That is not what I asked. But thank you for the clear picture and for those who made me realize I could be making more of a kiddush Hashem by simply removing myself and focusing on whats more important. I hope we can all speak to people one day with proper decency.

mommyla

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:47 am
amother OP wrote:
You know to be honest, no I am not a troll and I know better now to take myself off of this website now. My husband and I were presented with an opportunity there and we thought it could help our financial situation. So I was inquiring.. however I expected an answer more than “theres a bunch of black people”. Unsafe, drugs yes I do care about that and would not want to move in that but I could really care less if people are white , blue or green. That is not what I asked. But thank you for the clear picture and for those who made me realize I could be making more of a kiddush Hashem by simply removing myself and focusing on whats more important. I hope we can all speak to people one day with proper decency.

Please point out which posters said anything about black people.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:49 am
mommyla wrote:

It was edited. In some of the posts it's specifically mentioned black people and black officers and then it was edited after that.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:50 am
amother OP wrote:

OP
I'm sorry that you got such vicious answers. I guess most people expect that the history of Newark would be known, but apparently it's not especially for people who may not have lived in and around New Jersey.

Whoever, please do look to the communities of Elizabeth, Passaic, West Orange, Livingston, etc. There are so many lovely communities in New Jersey that is a very quick commute to Newark.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:50 am
amother OP wrote:

Most people stuck to facts and didn’t even discuss skin color. Seems silly to leave a site over some answers that were negative or wrong in your eyes. I am surprised that you hadn’t heard how bad it is if you live in queens, it’s spoken about a lot in the greater ny/nj areas because everyone tries to avoid driving through accidentally.

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:52 am
singleagain wrote:
It was edited. In some of the posts it's specifically mentioned black people and black officers and then it was edited after that.

It’s not a secret that lots of inner city communities with crime are black people. Google confirmed it for me. No need to be so politically correct. I personally would not feel safe if 99% of my entire neighborhood was black.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:53 am
amother Opal wrote:
It’s not a secret that lots of inner city communities with crime are black people. Google confirmed it for me. No need to be so politically correct. I personally would not feel safe if 99% of my entire neighborhood was black.

I don't know if it was edited by mod or by the poster themselves. All I know is that I personally saw one post with race mentioned over and over and over again. And then I went back and saw that it was edited.

But this thread is not about race. And if it continues to go in that direction I will report it to be locked because I am not a mod of this board.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:54 am
mommyla wrote:

Arctic Blue edited her post quite a bit. She had mentioned black people several times in her post.

mommyla

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:55 am
singleagain wrote:
I don't know if it was edited by mod or by the poster themselves. All I know is that I personally saw one post with race mentioned over and over and over again. And then I went back and saw that it was edited.

But this thread is not about race. And if it continues to go in that direction I will report it to be locked because I am not a mod of this board.

Aha. Okay. So one post.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics