Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Wipes on shabbos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:18 pm
For those of you who don’t use diaper wipes on shabbos-

Is there a product you use instead to clean toddlers/ babies ? What would you recommend?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:22 pm
I think my sis did a spray bottle with water and a bit of baby shampoo.

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:27 pm
I got this for someone and they said it's good
The Honest Company Soothing Bottom Wash - 5 oz https://a.co/d/1llqO7U

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:42 pm
Dried wipes with a spray bottle of just water. I used to put in some baby wash but I don't find it necessary.

kerem

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:49 pm
Just wondering - I use wipes that have a hechsher that they are permissible for use on Shabbos. Is it that not everyone knows about it, or are there some Rabbonim who do not allow their use?

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 8:50 pm
There are two brands of spray sold in all the Lakewood grocery stores. Baby Spritz and Sensational Baby Spray, both by Frum companies.

At one point, they were having supply chain issues and a kind lady in the grocery store gave me the formula. I can't remember it exactly but it was something like 1/3 baby oil 1/3 Johnson's baby shampoo and maybe 1/3 water? Never tried it but worth a shot if you live out of town.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 3:44 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
There are two brands of spray sold in all the Lakewood grocery stores. Baby Spritz and Sensational Baby Spray, both by Frum companies.

At one point, they were having supply chain issues and a kind lady in the grocery store gave me the formula. I can't remember it exactly but it was something like 1/3 baby oil 1/3 Johnson's baby shampoo and maybe 1/3 water? Never tried it but worth a shot if you live out of town.

I do that. (but with any baby shampoo, doesn't have to be Johnsons Smile )
The shampoo cleans, the oil makes it easy to come off, and the water makes it not too concentrated.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 4:10 am
kerem wrote:
Just wondering - I use wipes that have a hechsher that they are permissible for use on Shabbos. Is it that not everyone knows about it, or are there some Rabbonim who do not allow their use?

Same.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 4:31 am
Since the issue is schita, squeezing, I spray or sprinkle water on my baby then use a normal wipe.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 6:40 am
We've always used baby oil. Recently I got a sample of munchkin HYP03 diaper spray and it works incredibly well. I'm torn on buying more when the sample runs out because it's way more expensive than my trusty baby oil

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 6:46 am
You can wash the baby's backside in running water.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 8:57 am
Rappel wrote:
You can wash the baby's backside in running water.

You carry them to the bathroom for every dirty diaper and undress them fully??

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 8:58 am
kerem wrote:

This is major ask your LOR territory.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 9:03 am
amother Lily wrote:
You carry them to the bathroom for every dirty diaper and undress them fully??

No, I use wipes.

But you don't need to undress a baby entirely. Just hold their rear under the water stream, and then diaper. You spray the sink/tub with bleach spray afterward, and all is clean.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 9:22 am
Rappel wrote:
No, I use wipes.

But you don't need to undress a baby entirely. Just hold their rear under the water stream, and then diaper. You spray the sink/tub with bleach spray afterward, and all is clean.

I do that during the week if baby has a rash. But not on shabbos with cold water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics