Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swing sets- Swingit, backyard kingdom, Whee SR
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 12:40 pm
Hi!

Looking to purchase a new swingset.

Does anyone know which one of these brands are the best?

Thank you!

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 1:14 pm
They are not all the same
SR play which I think became whee is better quality than the rest. They are more expensive. We are very happy with our swingset from them.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 1:40 pm
We just bought a swingset from Whee.

I did a lot of research, and it seemed that there wasn't much of a price difference between the different companies that sell these vinyl swing sets. Here and there one of them might have a diff design feature than the others but for the most part the prices are pretty equal between all the companies.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 2:03 pm
The vinyl sets are all the same, they get the pieces from the same places it is not different at all. It’s just a matter which customer service and slightly different pricing you prefer.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 2:04 pm
amother Latte wrote:
They are not all the same
SR play which I think became whee is better quality than the rest. They are more expensive. We are very happy with our swingset from them.

All vinyl swing sets come from the same factories. It is not better quality.

kermit

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:57 am
I've done a ton of research on this. They're all about the same price and quality.

Swingit sets tend to look prettier in the final product, if looks are important to you. (I'm thinking about curb appeal) They're also a little more flexible on the phone in terms of working with you to figure things out. For the same price, when I eventually order a set I'm iyH going to do Swingit.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 12:04 pm
I went with swing it. It seemed better quality than the SR play ones. When compared a couple swingsets from different places. The swingit one seemed a little thicker. I also found the customer service at swing it way better than SR play. The guy from SR. Play did not really know how to put together the swing set that I wanted. I wanted specific things on my swing set and his picture looked horrible. He kept on just asking me if he can order it without letting me change anything around. Swing it on the other hand, went back and forth with me for a while and I have a very nice set from them with everything that I needed.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 1:11 pm
We got from swing it (in 2016)

Bh we’ve been thrilled and it’s held up great, even with lots of use and abuse

Their customer service was great.

We chose them over SR mainly for the design - theirs was nicer. I believe pricing was pretty similar (though a lot cheaper than it is these days!!)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 4:18 pm
Why does everyone put in vinyl swingsets from these frum companies?

The cedar wood ones sold by the general population are so much cheaper and you get more play space for better pricing.

Asking for real advice, as I am currently in the market for a swing set.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 4:20 pm
amother Violet wrote:

The cedar wood ones sold by the general population are so much cheaper and you get more play space for better pricing.

Less maintenance. The wood ones need to be resealed every couple years.

kermit

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:09 pm
amother Violet wrote:

so, while I totally agree that wood is prettier (I'm into traditional design) the vinyl ones don't need to be maintained. and they have real wood inside of the beams, they're just vinyl outside (at least I know the swingit ones are)

like I'm obsessed with cedarwood-- but if you look at their sets 2 years later the wood is all silvery and gross.

also, wood creates splinters, and my sister in laws wood set had a wasp nest...like it's just too much headache.

swingit has this really pretty burgundy color, that still feels very warm. I'm deciding if I should do it with grey to soften it, or just do tan beams. regardless, I have a while to decide cuz not ordering this year.

dreaming dreaming, lol

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 2:18 pm
Do any of these places have someone come to your house to measure the area and/or help plan before you order?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Do any of these places have someone come to your house to measure the area and/or help plan before you order?

Bump. Anyone know?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 5:44 pm
Swing it was very helpful with measurements and design. We ended up working with our measurements and they didn't need to come down

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 6:14 pm
So interesting to hear the replies. I found wheesr to be way cheaper for what I wanted.. we’re very happy and had great customer service there. They helped me with a setup with the things I wanted and were quick and patient with me

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Bisque wrote:

Swing it does.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 10:55 pm
If you look at the wood boards from the swing set whee (sr play) uses bigger boards than swing it (the wood is under the vinyl) they are not all from the same manufacturer, there are different Amish manufacturers that make different sets. the sr play ones also have much more brackets compared to the other sets.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:08 am
amother Latte wrote:
If you look at the wood boards from the swing set whee (sr play) uses bigger boards than swing it (the wood is under the vinyl) they are not all from the same manufacturer, there are different Amish manufacturers that make different sets. the sr play ones also have much more brackets compared to the other sets.

If they're being made by the Amish, why should I order from these companies that presumably tack on a nice profit, instead of ordering directly from the Amish myself and saving money?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 2:56 am
Bump

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:14 pm
This thread isn’t very current, but in case anyone searches in like I just did… I worked on designing a set with both swing it and whee (SR). Granted, swing it was more knowledgeable- although whee is coming in significantly cheaper. Swing it sets do look somewhat nicer (curb appeal another poster called it) but the price difference doesn’t justify… we were at the point of finalizing and putting a deposit with swing it, but they were obnoxious about a $30 discount- it’s their call at the end of the day.. but that’s what prompted us to price it out at a different company. We didn’t place our order yet.. but working on finalizing with whee (SR)

To clarify about the Amish companies, swing it gets their sets from King Swing, and whee sr gets their sets from Adventure World.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics