Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Help me come to terms with the name Tzirel
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:04 pm
My husband has wanted this name for 3 pregnancies already. He stepped back twice when it turned out I had two chiyuvim in a row. Very graciously, I might add. We’re expecting again and it’s a girl- and I know it’s his turn and this is his name. But I don’t love it. Help me try to like it- and do so graciously. (Adding that we only name after family, and this is an especially meaningful family member to him).

Genius

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:06 pm
My last baby’s name really grew on me as I got to know my baby and his adorable personality. Bshaa tova

behappy2

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:07 pm
Can you add a name?

Tziry is a cute nickname

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:08 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Can you add a name?

Tziry is a cute nickname

Tziri had crossed my mind as the likely nickname. He will not add a name, if it wasn’t part of the person’s name. Unless we have to add.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:08 pm
I think Tzirrel is a beautiful name.

We had a special elter bubby tzirrrel in our family and are proud to give the name of this tzadeikis.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:10 pm
Tziri is a cute name

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:11 pm
I love the way it sounds. What does Tzirel mean?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:12 pm
I think Sarah is the Hebrew equivalent if he'd be willing to do that instead?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:13 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I think Sarah is the Hebrew equivalent if he'd be willing to do that instead?

We have a Sarah. Apparently it’s different enough because I asked about that.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:20 pm
Tziri is very cute!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:23 pm
Do you know anything about this Bubby Tzirel? Maybe you can focus on how wonderful she was and feel good that you have someone carrying on her legacy. And that you'll be making so many people happy, and that your daughter (assuming) will never know anything else and also feel proud.
B'shaa tova!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:27 pm
I know a very well liked young woman whose name is Tziri.
Maybe tzirel doesn’t have that cute ring to it but Tziri is very sweet.

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:27 pm
Aww, I love Tzirel and Tziry is an adorable nickname. I may end up using it if I ever have another child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you know anything about this Bubby Tzirel? Maybe you can focus on how wonderful she was and feel good that you have someone carrying on her legacy. And that you'll be making so many people happy, and that your daughter (assuming) will never know anything else and also feel proud.
B'shaa tova!

She was a wonderful person who I knew personally. And I would be proud to have a child named after her. If only I liked the name. I assume it will grow on me.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
She was a wonderful person who I knew personally. And I would be proud to have a child named after her. If only I liked the name. I assume it will grow on me.

I don't want to tell you to do something you don't want to do, but I think you'll see a lot of bracha from this. Maybe treat yourself to something that week - a new pair of shoes, book, even a little something. I've heard that it's good to treat the guf, which gets shlepped along by the neshamah to do good things even when it doesn't feel like it. This situation isn't quite analogous; it's not like good vs. evil. But it is doing something hard, and you should endorse yourself for it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't want to tell you to do something you don't want to do, but I think you'll see a lot of bracha from this. Maybe treat yourself to something that week - a new pair of shoes, book, even a little something. I've heard that it's good to treat the guf, which gets shlepped along by the neshamah to do good things even when it doesn't feel like it. This situation isn't quite analogous; it's not like good vs. evil. But it is doing something hard, and you should endorse yourself for it.

I’m definitely going to do it IYH, it’s just that I need some moral support at the moment.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:41 pm
I've done exactly this, given a name I really disliked, for the reasons you mentioned. my delicious toddler is hanging on to me and babbling right now. the name grew on me and I hardly think about it anymore.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:42 pm
I’ve been there, I know how you feel.
All the tziri’s I know are either adorable little girls or very special young ladies, so I have a very positive feeling about this name. I think you’ll grow to love it! You can get the baby a pretty bracelet with the name on it. I don’t know why but this seemingly silly thing helps me when I don’t love a name we give.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I've done exactly this, given a name I really disliked, for the reasons you mentioned. my delicious toddler is hanging on to me and babbling right now. the name grew on me and I hardly think about it anymore.

Thank you for this.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:46 pm
I had the same thing. I gave a name I absolutely didn't like because it was for my DH's grandmother whom he knew. I really didn't want to give it. I even started out calling the baby by only half the name as a nickname because I couldn't get myself to call by the full name.

But eventually the name grew on me. I insisted on a specific pronunciation that made it more palpable to me. (For ex, Tziri rather than Tzeeree) This kid is now an adorable 7 y.o. and of course their name suits them perfectly. I can't picture it any other way.

I'd say, give yourself time to not be ok with the name. You know you're doing the right thing, and as you get to know your child, you'll see that it was the name that was meant for them.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names