Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore jobs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:04 am
Sorry didn’t want to hijack the other thread.
I’m wondering what the salary is like for a full day teacher in the frum schools. Specifically Bnos vs Bais Yaakov. Does anyone know?
Thanks!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:42 pm
I don't know Bais Yaakov salaries. I spoke to an administrator to Bnos about a year ago and she said they are trying to raise the teachers salaries over the next few years. They want to match the salary to an office job that if you worked 8 hours a day 12 months a year, it would be equivalent to 100K (the per hour--something like $48 an hour or low to mid 30k for half day).

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:50 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I don't know Bais Yaakov salaries. I spoke to an administrator to Bnos about a year ago and she said they are trying to raise the teachers salaries over the next few years. They want to match the salary to an office job that if you worked 8 hours a day 12 months a year, it would be equivalent to 100K (the per hour--something like $48 an hour or low to mid 30k for half day).

I think BY is about the same. They won’t be much different. I don’t know if they offer the same benefits.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:55 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I think BY is about the same. They won’t be much different. I don’t know if they offer the same benefits.

I believe not. I know Bnos was on board with the Torah Umesorah initiative to raise teachers' salaries and signed up. I know BY did not.

BY though gives (or at least used to give) free tuition for all daughters in the school if you worked FULL time. Bnos gives a big discount, but not free tuition.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:52 pm
Thank you for all the responses!

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I believe not. I know Bnos was on board with the Torah Umesorah initiative to raise teachers' salaries and signed up. I know BY did not.

BY though gives (or at least used to give) free tuition for all daughters in the school if you worked FULL time. Bnos gives a big discount, but not free tuition.

For teachers of jewish and secular subjects?

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:15 pm
I would love to hear actual numbers in response to this. I've been thinking about offering to teach in Bnos for a while, but wanted to call first to figure out how much they pay, including tuition breaks. One day I'll call, but until then, does anyone know how it works?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating