Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does everything rainbow symbolize Gay?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 7:31 pm
The general rule with rainbows is if it is rounded and has clouds in the end= fun child friendly rainbow. If it's straight lines of rainbow colors- happy pride.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 7:56 pm
I had a rainbow watch and gave it away. better safe than sorry.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 7:59 pm
lamplighter wrote:
The general rule with rainbows is if it is rounded and has clouds in the end= fun child friendly rainbow. If it's straight lines of rainbow colors- happy pride.

Straight lines.... Kind of ironic 😜

(It also depends on the tones in the colors of the rainbow. Very bold based on primary shades are the problem ones.)

creditcards

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 8:15 pm
JewelryWe Analog Time Teacher Watch Young Girls Teen Wrist Watch with Colorful Rainbow Silicone Band https://a.co/d/fsrNazN

I ordered this for my daughter.

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 8:21 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
My head is hardly in the sand. If you feel the rainbow has been co-opted, take it back

How do you suppose we "take it back"? The biggest industries and companies in the country are supporting this and connecting rainbows with gay pride.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 8:22 pm
I find it weird in an awful sort of way that they chose a rainbow. The world is supposed to be destroyed because they’re publicly flaunting their behavior and our countries are legalizing it and the rainbow came after the mabul.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 8:23 pm
creditcards wrote:
JewelryWe Analog Time Teacher Watch Young Girls Teen Wrist Watch with Colorful Rainbow Silicone Band https://a.co/d/fsrNazN

I ordered this for my daughter.

This is adorable

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I find it weird in an awful sort of way that they chose a rainbow. The world is supposed to be destroyed because they’re publicly flaunting their behavior and our countries are legalizing it and the rainbow came after the mabul.

My thoughts exactly. This is the type of behavior (zxual deviance) that led to the mabul in the first place.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:12 pm
amother Jean wrote:
How do you suppose we "take it back"? The biggest industries and companies in the country are supporting this and connecting rainbows with gay pride.

Take it back by owning it.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 1:34 am
I'm the last person to say avoid all rainbow things, I happen to think they're cute and colorful. But the straight lines and bright colors of the band mimic the pride flag exactly. If that bothers you, you can find something a little more pastelly.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 4:52 am
vintagebknyc wrote:

The swastika is a religious symbol which was co-opted by the nazis. Would you suggest people walk around with a swastika on their clothing and say “I’m taking it back, it’s not a nazi symbol,” How would that go over? You can say all you want “I’m not wearing it as a nazi symbol” but that’s what most of the world will see and understand. How would you suggest one should take back and own the rainbow?

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:28 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
The swastika is a religious symbol which was co-opted by the nazis. Would you suggest people walk around with a swastika on their clothing and say “I’m taking it back, it’s not a nazi symbol,” How would that go over? You can say all you want “I’m not wearing it as a nazi symbol” but that’s what most of the world will see and understand. How would you suggest one should take back and own the rainbow?

Well, it is a symbol that was used in the Hindu religion long before the Nazis co-opted it. Maybe they should be the ones to take it back. At least there's a lot of them, which should help.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:41 am
chocolate moose wrote:

This is ridiculous IMHO. The rainbow is a symbol of a rainbow. It is pretty. You can wear rainbow items and it doesn’t mean you are gay or support LGBT causes. 🌈

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:44 am
Ema of 5 wrote:

My boss is Hindu and they actually do still use the original version of the swastika for religious reasons. They are angry their peaceful symbol was co-opted and distorted by others. However, if you look closely, the Hindu swastika goes in the opposite direction and is not on an angle like the nazi one. There are differences. Like there are differences between the pride rainbow and a kiddy cartoon rainbow.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:56 am
I think they picked the rainbow as a symbol because it was easier than writing out "LGBTQ+XYZ&#@?" all the time.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:02 am
vintagebknyc wrote:

I agree with you...you guys are giving it power.....I would buy it regardless and as vintage wrote..take it back!

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:10 am
chocolate moose wrote:

What did you make yourself safe from? Being hit on by women?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:25 am
amother Pink wrote:
This is ridiculous IMHO. The rainbow is a symbol of a rainbow. It is pretty. You can wear rainbow items and it doesn’t mean you are gay or support LGBT causes. 🌈

Today IMHO you cannot wear it. It's so ingrained.
You can wear it if you want. Just understand that you *will* be judged. There's no way getting around it.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:28 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
What did you make yourself safe from? Being hit on by women?

Probably from being uncomfortable by having people identify you as making a statement that you aren't making.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:34 am
amother Chocolate wrote:

Not weird IMHO. Kind of ironic that they display their destiny so vividly.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics