Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Chicken recipe picky Toddlers WILL eat?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 9:12 am
I tried breaded chicken my toddler won't even try that. Other toddler friendly chicken finger or cutlet recipe??

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 9:24 am
Anything that's easy to chew with simple flavors. My kids like regular baked chicken. I spice it with salt and a bit of garlic powder. I make sure it doesn't dry out.
Also I hand the kid an ice pop in one hand and a napkin in the other and in between licks I feed him. The napkin is to wipe his chin. He is so busy licking and wiping that he mostly doesn't notice he's also eating.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 9:27 am
I make schnitzel in tiny "chicken nugget bites" that my kids love. I bake them (no frying)

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 9:34 am
I am surprised since most toddlers LOVE chicken fingers and will eat it to the exclusion of almost every food.

They might not want the large chicken cutlet though.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 9:57 am
there is no one food that all kids eat because children are people and each one is an individual with her own preferences . one of my children doesn't like the texture of chicken, but will eat tofu and mushrooms. one of my children won't eat tofu or mushrooms but loves chicken, meat and fish. just keep on serving the food you make to the child and exposing him to it and he may start to like it or he may not. your job is to offer it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 10:09 am
So if they are not willingly to try, I am not so sure how much the changing the recipe will work because they are not tasting and dislikes, they are just refusing.

What worked for me, was letting my toddler play while I ate and they picked off my plate.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 10:11 am
My kids actually like regular chicken on the bone (I pull the meat off obviously) that I make until super soft. They prefer that over cutlets or Shnitzel

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 10:18 am
My kids like tempura fried chicken, chicken “jerky”, anything with dipping sauce or ketchup, soft boiled chicken, and they’ll eat almost anything off my plate if I’m sitting at the table .

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:01 am
Why do they HAVE to eat chicken?

Op, in general if you don’t make a big deal about it- they will usually want to eat something they see on your plate.

Phoebe31

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:03 am
When I make baked chicken legs in the pyrex (or similar baking pan) it comes out really soft and is devoured by my kids/baby. I usually make it spiced so garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and a drop of honey, cover and bake for 2 hours on 350.

To simplify dinner, I will add rice or potatoes on the bottom of the pan.

If you want to make cutlets that are kid friendly, I mix 1 egg, 2 tbl mayo and 2 tsp frank's red hot sauce together, dip chicken into it, then into pereg flavored breadcrumbs, place on baking sheet, spray the top and bake it on 350 for 20-30 mins (depending on the size)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics