Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
6 Year old anger - please help

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 5:24 pm
help me help him. my 6 yr old developed such a rage lately. it comes and goes in waves but it scares me. he curses and uses scary language and screams super loud, not in a crying tantrum but more a temper tantrum. it seems to be something deeper bothering him but how do I figure out what. in school he's doing well, I dont think he's bullied cuz he's pretty tough and has good friends, although there is a measure of bullying in all schools. I make sure he's fed nutritiously, he drinks plenty. I keep thinking maybe he has pandas bc he had strept twice this winter but the rage comes out only sometmes and also he doesn't have any other symptoms of pandas.
this morning he was ranting and screaming for half an hour because he had to get his own tzitis from the laundry room where they were drying from being washed. that was all it took to tick him off and I just lost him for the rest of the morning. he came home from school and I was hoping he was done, but here we are again, screaming and cursing because I said he can go to a neighbor in a little bit.
is it normal for a kid to get so hysterical over such "small" things or do I need to take him to be tested? and for what?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:01 am
Is it possible he need more sleep? And hunger? Calm down time?

Summer can be a lot for a 6year old he may need some downtime before he goes out to play or more downtime before bed.
It gets dark so late in the summer I find my kids that age the hardest to put to sleep early. They want to stay out with the older kids but still need that early bedtime Also hunger energetic kids need more food. The end of the year my kid is living on siyum Nosh and trip Nosh. Suppers last shorter but it doesn't me they are satisfied. I would also do bloodwork, sunburns, headlice, pinworms. There too much that can make a kid disregulated.

Put him to bed in a calm matter casually talk to him about his day. Listening should help determine if something is social or emotional is bothering him or it's a medical problem.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:09 am
Pandas/pans is definitely a common cause of this type of over the top rage, as is Lyme and especially a lyme coinfection called bartonella. I would definitely want him evaluated for all that.
However, there are so many other causes as well.
Blood sugar issues, especially if it's showing up right in the morning before he eats or if he hasn't eaten in a long time.
Hypo or hyper thyroidism
Deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals
Sensitivity to food dyes, artifical flavorings, preservatives and msg
Hidden food and environmental allergies, especially gluten, dairy and corn
Celiac
Exposure to toxic mold
Not getting quality sleep (apnea, mouth breathing, waking up to pee, etc)
Bacterial overgrowth in the gut or not enough of certain beneficial bacteria
Parasites or yeast overgrowth

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:13 am
Sounds exactly like my 8 yr old but he was always liked this . Just two min ago he kicked me bec the pump for his volley ball didn’t work . Idk what to do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics