Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Long distance calls

baby's mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 11:03 am
For those in the US. What company do you use?
How much do you pay for
In-State calls?
State to State calls ?
Long distance?

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 11:18 am
I use Cablevision's Optimum Triple Play. It's highspeed internet, phone service, and cable Tv service for $99 / month. Phone calls are unlimited local, long distance even to Canada and Purto Rico. Talk all you want anytime, for $99 ! I .love it.. Before that I just used my cell phone to make long distance phone calls, since most cellular companies nowadays will give you free longdistance, and if you really want to save, make your long distance calls after 9:00 PM when unlimited nights kick in.

As far as international call, I just use phonecards, you can get on e for $10 and talk for hours on end to Israel.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 11:30 am
I have the same as cindy minus the tv cable and so far so good
and its way cheaper than I would have gotten with the local phone companies for the same thing.

baby's mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 11:38 am
I only speak in State/ and state to state mayyyybe 200 minutes a month!
For long distance I also use prepaid calling cards.
My problem with speak all you want is that you end up paying so much money a month!

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 11:49 am
I have packet8, its unlimited for 20 a month to everywhre also canada, you just need dsl to get it.. its voice over ip... its bascilly a phone line through your computer..

shopaholic

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 12:52 pm
We use Just Dial & it costs 3.5 cents to England. Not sure how much state to state, but most of our long distance is to England. As far as I know, it was very chep compared to others & the bill comes as part of our regular phone bill.

baby's mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 1:59 pm
shayna82 wrote:
I have packet8, its unlimited for 20 a month to everywhre also canada, you just need dsl to get it.. its voice over ip... its bascilly a phone line through your computer..

you can talk for free on line by downloading www.skype.com

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 6:30 pm
I don't think it's available everywhere, but in NY/NJ, I'm pretty sure: call 1800-CUCUMBER. A percentage goes to Oorah.
It's like $22 for unlimited local and then 2.9 cents for long distance. to israel is not too expensive either. regional, too.

hisorerus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 6:48 pm
I pay $65 for unlimited local & national, and DSL. Calling card to other countries, for 1 cent a minute.

baby's mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 6:52 pm
hisorerus wrote:
I pay $65 for unlimited local & national, and DSL. Calling card to other countries, for 1 cent a minute.

1 cent a minute? what company? Please share Very Happy

hisorerus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 7:07 pm
It's IDT. They don't sell it anymore, but they'll let me recharge the ones I have. Very Happy It's also not a local number, but I don't care cuz I have unlimited national.

roza

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 7:16 pm
http://www.vonage.com

I use it for 2 years already, it's VoIP.

this is the only phone service I have, in addition to cell phone.

p.s if you decide to sign up, let me know - we both save 40$$$$

hisorerus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 7:36 pm
How's the quality of the VOIP? I hear it's not so reliable- dropped calls, bad reception. Is that true?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 8:06 pm
I have flat rate... that's unlimited state to state..
for long distance I have a calling card.. dunno how much a minute is.

shaina punim

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 8:12 pm
shayna82- we thought about using dial up on the internet but we r woried about someone hacking in to r account since its easy to do that on the internet. resently someone got a hold of r account number and signed us up for some program over the internet and was charging r account for over 6 months so since then my husband wount get any phone service over the internet, I think we use verizon witch is cousting us an arm and leg

roza

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 8:32 pm
hisorerus wrote:
How's the quality of the VOIP? I hear it's not so reliable- dropped calls, bad reception. Is that true?

Over cable internet connection it's just fine, at least for me. I think if you have cable it's worth trying. The company will give a full refund if it won't work / or bad reception. Also, there is a backup feature in the system (free)- in case if something is wrong with the line/internet all your calls are forwarded to another phone (I.e. cell phone).

supermom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 1:27 am
I have vonage too and love it!!! it is only twenty five dollars a month I suggest to use it for your regular too for that price it is unlimited through out the united states, canada, tronto, and purto rico too. the reception is great and when I call to america it sounds as if I am right next door to the person.

queen

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 5:28 am
I just stopped using my VoIP phone (through Broadvox company) bec. I was SOO unhappy. calls were dropped mid conversation and people told me on occasion their calls to me wouldn't go through.

btw- you need DSL/Cable in order to have an internet phone

sarahnurit

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 3:47 pm
There is a program called VOIPBUSTER, you can download it from the net, and then you can call with your computer for free home and cell in the USA and in other countries...check it out!!!

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 3:55 pm
another satisfied vonage customer here! plus, I referred my friend, and got 2 months free!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics