Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I want a house so badly
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 2:21 pm
I think we’ll be in a basement forever Sad

Even if we move far out, anywhere there is a frum presence will be a fortune for a decent house.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 2:28 pm
Pine lake park get something small and add on when the house value goes up and you can take money out. Waiting to buy is the worst thing u can do

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 2:48 pm
I didn't live in Lakewood, but rather in a different expensive city in the tristate area. We were in a tiny apartment that was insanely expensive. That was when I moved not just on the fridges of of the community, but out of the community. I move to Baltimore. It's has a large frum presents and was way more affordable. It was almost a decade ago when housing was cheaper. Even though pricing has gone up in Baltimore, it's still cheaper than Lakewood.

If you want to own a house, you may need to think outside the box. And that out of the box may mean leaving the tristate area.

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Pine lake park get something small and add on when the house value goes up and you can take money out. Waiting to buy is the worst thing u can do

Getting locked into a mortgage on a house you can barely afford in hopes that one day you can afford to do a major renovation sounds much worse to me than waiting to buy a house

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 3:34 pm
How much can you afford?

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 3:35 pm
I also need a house. Am fine with living on the outskirts. Moving to another community is not feasible. My kids are settled here.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 3:37 pm
And this is why I moved to westgate. People like to make fun but at the end of the day I have plenty of space and am fairly close to everything BH.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 3:38 pm
Howell, pine lake park both cheaper still can get decent 4 bedroom with basement for 500 there r many first time programs here in lkwd especially for low income families. Low rates (6.2) or grants (15k towards closing and down payment) reach out to lrrc they were so helpful for us and we bh we're able to buy husband in kollel no support ever from either side I don't have degree

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I didn't live in Lakewood, but rather in a different expensive city in the tristate area. We were in a tiny apartment that was insanely expensive. That was when I moved not just on the fridges of of the community, but out of the community. I move to Baltimore. It's has a large frum presents and was way more affordable. It was almost a decade ago when housing was cheaper. Even though pricing has gone up in Baltimore, it's still cheaper than Lakewood.

If you want to own a house, you may need to think outside the box. And that out of the box may mean leaving the tristate area.

10 years ago is a long time ago, especially for housing prices.
I bought a house less than 10 years ago in Baltimore and the price has almost doubled. It seems to me that housing prices are very comparable Baltimore to Lakewood, I think property taxes are similar in Baltimore City to Lakewood. (Baltimore County has lower taxes.) People always talk about starter homes in Lakewood being 500-750, I think that’s what the price is here too. And just like Lakewood you can go to the outskirts and get a house for less.

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:29 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
10 years ago is a long time ago, especially for housing prices.
I bought a house less than 10 years ago in Baltimore and the price has almost doubled. It seems to me that housing prices are very comparable Baltimore to Lakewood, I think property taxes are similar in Baltimore City to Lakewood. (Baltimore County has lower taxes.) People always talk about starter homes in Lakewood being 500-750, I think that’s what the price is here too. And just like Lakewood you can go to the outskirts and get a house for less.

Loll! No they’re not!
I live in the same size house in Lakewood as my parents in Baltimore city.
My property taxes are 12k a year and my parents is less than 3K!!!!
New Jersey has one of the highest property taxes in the country
And no the sizes are not comparable price wise in Baltimore vs Lakewood.
A 1200 sq foot starter house in Lakewood is about 500k a comparable home in in Baltimore would be in the fallstaff/Clark’s neighborhood and they’re going for 2-300k last I heard (when a friend bought last year)

A home around 3000 square feet in Lakewood is going to start at a million minimum. In Baltimore, green spring area, (more expensive than other places) that would go for 5-600k

The housing markets are really not comparable at all these days

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:33 pm
Waiting for a house in Lakewood was exquisite torture.
Idk what to say.
I’m just validating your pain

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:55 pm
I just bought a house because I was so desperate. Now I'm trapped with a sky high mortgage. I wish I would stay in my basement longer and not be so house poor.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:56 pm
can barely afford 2000 rent on our apartment
we will never be able to buy Crying

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 6:43 pm
Tell us your budget and needs. Maybe we can brainstorm with you within Lakewood or nearby areas.

Woman of Valor

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
And this is why I moved to westgate. People like to make fun but at the end of the day I have plenty of space and am fairly close to everything BH.

Why make fun?

Woman of Valor

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Silver wrote:

Why bad to wait?

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Loll! No they’re not!
I live in the same size house in Lakewood as my parents in Baltimore city.
My property taxes are 12k a year and my parents is less than 3K!!!!
New Jersey has one of the highest property taxes in the country
And no the sizes are not comparable price wise in Baltimore vs Lakewood.
A 1200 sq foot starter house in Lakewood is about 500k a comparable home in in Baltimore would be in the fallstaff/Clark’s neighborhood and they’re going for 2-300k last I heard (when a friend bought last year)

A home around 3000 square feet in Lakewood is going to start at a million minimum. In Baltimore, green spring area, (more expensive than other places) that would go for 5-600k

The housing markets are really not comparable at all these days

Ok…
Here’s a house in park heights, reduced to 599
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/
1500 square foot in Greenspring for 685
A condo on Clark’s pending for 335
Semi sold 3 months ago for 345 and can go for more now
(And I thought semis in Greenspring were expensive, this is in park heights up by the plaza!!!)
Houses may be more in Lakewood but they’re plenty expensive here!!
And I haven’t looked for regular sized houses. I’m still shocked at the 1500 square foot one for 685.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 7:28 pm
please send more houses in balt

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
please send more houses in balt

What area? And remember, tuition is at least 10,000 a year for every child. Including kindergarten. It might be cheaper to stay where you are.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:17 pm
It's very easy to get scholarship reductions in Baltimore. We have a six figure income and pay $5-6,000 base tuition (reduced of course).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries