Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
9 days ideas for meat eaters
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 11:38 am
I agree with Keym. As my kids get older I serve a lot more chicken then I did when they were small. Its a lot easier for the reasons she says. We will all survive 6 milchig/pareve dinners bh no one has allergies or is super picky but its a lot more effort and more carby food then my usual dinners.

smile12345

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 1:05 pm
I agree chicken is easier, but unless someone has allergies there's no reason they shouldn't be able to cope without it for a few days.

And yes, if there's a halacha not to eat meat, then a fancy milky meal is still BETTER than a plain meat meal.

But, I agree that it's also not in the spirit of the 9 days at all. BH it's not a thing here. 9 days is for easy parve/milky meals. No fancy instragram worthy fare.

keym

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 1:14 pm
smile12345 wrote:
I agree chicken is easier, but unless someone has allergies there's no reason they shouldn't be able to cope without it for a few days.

And yes, if there's a halacha not to eat meat, then a fancy milky meal is still BETTER than a plain meat meal.

But, I agree that it's also not in the spirit of the 9 days at all. BH it's not a thing here. 9 days is for easy parve/milky meals. No fancy instragram worthy fare.

I just want to point out that it's minhag and not halacha.
I actually have allergic kids so Ive discussed this extensively with multiple Rabbanim.
The halachos are Aveilus - the 3 weeks AND 9 days are much less. Music, weddings, new clothes (shehechianu).
Different communities added different minhagim.

But there are so many leniencies because it's actually not halacha. Chicken vs Meat, shavua schol ba.

I'm going to add another comment. Every year as we approach the Nine Days, there are multiple posters who frequently comment that they do laundry/wear fresh clothes for adults, or shower regularly because they don't have enough clothing, or it's gross or whatever.
In fact if a woman said that she only showers a cold shower Erev Shabbos, there would be a lot of harsh comments towards her.
It just seems interesting to me that women who say no chicken for 9 days is hard get yelled at, but women who do laundry or shower are given understanding.

Btw, it's not personal. Just an observation. We eat dairy/parve except the allergic members who have Rabbinic guidance.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 5:52 am
So I just read this aita via board panda https://www.boredpanda.com/boy.....eals/

Guy wanted to know if he's an a*hole if he makes himself meat on the side of his vegan girlfriend meals

Most people said no, but in the comments a few people said you still need enough vegan protein to feel full and a small salad isn't going to make you feel full.

It made me wonder, if maybe that's why there's always a flurry of threads before the 9 days... Do we just not know all the right vegan proteins to make and feel full?

Maybe some googling on filling vegan meals will help?

I didn't look at these links just copy pasted from my search

https://www.livekindly.com/hea.....full/

https://www.feastingathome.com.....ipes/

8x

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:31 am
We are people that feel full only on fleishigs. Besides that my youngests get terrible stomachaches that last for three weeks if they eat even a drop of dairy. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do. Salmon, tuna patties, breaded fish, but I know an hour later everyone's hungry again. Still I've never done fleishigs in the nine days, but this year our dairy allergies became more severe.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus