Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Couch advice!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:16 am
We're trying to by a couch. I would really appreciate any suggestions! We want material, not leather, but what material is comfortable is comfortable and holds up the best (especially getting out stains and not tearing easily)-also what Brooklyn stores have the fairest prices? How do you even begin to judge the quality of a sofa? Is it by brand? Store? Material?

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:35 am
We went down to some stores and sat on some couches to get a feel of which fabric we like

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 8:09 am
I was looking at a Maxdivani fabric couch-does anyone have one? How has it held up? Does it clean easily?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 8:59 am
When you select your fabric, the specifications should have what is called a rub test. This is a sign of durability as they literally take a machine and use it to "rub" the fabric to see how it holds up.

25.000 rubs would be the absolute minimum - office furniture might be 60,000 rubs.

Before purchasing ask for a swatch and drop various things on it to see whether they stain.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 10:02 am
Amarante wrote:
When you select your fabric, the specifications should have what is called a rub test. This is a sign of durability as they literally take a machine and use it to "rub" the fabric to see how it holds up.

25.000 rubs would be the absolute minimum - office furniture might be 60,000 rubs.

Before purchasing ask for a swatch and drop various things on it to see whether they stain.

So good to know! Thank you so much!

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 2:38 pm
I just got an ikea couch. I know others with it than who are happy. The material part can be removed and washed but it’s a little annoying to do.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:38 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
I just got an ikea couch. I know others with it than who are happy. The material part can be removed and washed but it’s a little annoying to do.

Can you share a link?

Coffee beanz

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:49 pm
You may like this
https://www.homereserve.com/?g.....w_wcB
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics