Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO recipe for "Filled" Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mevater

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 10:52 pm
I looked online and Im finding recipes for filled cookies, but not for soft chocolate chip cookies with a filling.

They sell filled Chocolate Chip Cookies in Bingo, but I think homemade would outdo them.

mommybrr

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 11:03 pm
Nechama Norman had really good "stuffed cookie" recipes in The Voice of Lakewood years ago. If anyone has the recipes and can post. one was a brownie stuffed choc chip cookie and the other was a peanut butter stuffed double choc chip cookie. Ill look through my recipe clippings to try and find it

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 2:34 am
https://www.bakingbeauty.net/s.....ipes/

Lizzie4

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 3:50 am
I would try making your regular chocolate chip cookies recipe and duncan hines brownies and stuffing the cookies with the duncan hines batter

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 8:51 am
Actually if you specifically want to try Chocolate Chip Cookies Stuffed with Brownies here is a recipe

It is essentially like making a form of "dumpling" - you slightly squash two balls of chocolate chip cookie dough - flatten them - then fill them with a small piece of FROZEN brownie which you have made beforehand - cut into small cubes and frozen. I would suspect the frozen element enables the brownie to not become overcooked.

You can of course use your own recipe for the cookie portion or the brownies but here is a template.

There is even a video which would make the procedure even clearer.

https://krollskorner.com/recip.....kies/

Some of the variations seem intriguing - Chocolate Cookies stuffed with Peanut Butter - imagine that would be like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookie

Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
For the brownies

▢ 1 batch homemade brownies*
For the cookies
▢ 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
▢ 1 1/2 cups cake flour
▢ 2 tsp. cornstarch
▢ 1 tsp. baking powder
▢ 1 tsp. baking soda
▢ 1 tsp. salt
▢ 1 cup (16 Tbsp.) butter, unsalted, cold (cut into cubes)
▢ 1 cup brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
▢ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
▢ 2 large eggs
▢ 2 large egg yolks
▢ 2 tsp. vanilla extract
▢ 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
▢ 1 cup white chocolate chips

Instructions

First, make the brownies. If you're making my brownie recipe I linked, you of course won't need to add the frosting & I also don't fold in extra chocolate chips into the batter. Once the brownies are made cool them for 15 minutes on the counter and then freeze the brownies for 30-45 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the chocolate chip cookie dough.

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: all purpose flour, cake flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside

Place the cubed butter and sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer and secure the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on and cream until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.

Add in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract and blend until mixed. Use a rubber spatula to knock off mixture if any is sticking to the sides of the bowl and mix again.

Gradually add in the dry ingredients, about 1/4 cup at a time. Mix until incorporated. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and mix until combined.

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Scoop the cookie dough out into ~1.5 oz. portions. Flatten the dough just a bit into a circle. (See photos and video for guidance). Use lightly floured hands if dough is sticky. Place the cookie dough on parchment paper.

Remove the brownies from the freezer and trim the edges. Using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into small 1-inch cubes (~1 oz. in size). Roll a brownie cube into a ball. Place the brownie on one circle of cookie dough and press another portion of cookie dough on top. Pinch the cookie dough together to enclose the brownie in the center and roll into a ball. Place the cookie on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookie dough and brownies.

Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

Notes

Feel free to use your favorite box brownies or even store bought brownies to streamline the baking process.

You’ll have a little leftover brownie. Use to make more cookies or just to snack on!
Use the middle ooey-gooey brownies to stuff inside the cookies. The edge pieces are good, but I recommend trying to use all of the middle ones up first. (You can thank me later! 😋)

Make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance to stream line the baking process. I know it is semi annoying to have to make the dough and the brownies so this trick can save you a little time!

If the tops of the brownies are crispy/crackly, you can cut the tops off then roll into the brownie ball.

You can make the cookies smaller. Adjust baking time as needed.

This isn't my picture but I posted to give an idea of end result so you can make sure this is the kind of cookie you want a recipe for.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins