Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When to go to dr, ear infection

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 10:19 pm
My 1 yo has had quite a few ear infections. The dr said if she has another one soon, he’ll probably send us to an ENT. She’s gone a few months without, and then had a terrible one recently. It cleared up probably 2 weeks ago. Now she has a bad cold and cough. She just woke up from it and also woke up last night from it. At what point do I say maybe this is more than just a cold, and check out her ears at dr? I just feel like I live at the dr and really don’t want to go for just a cold

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:05 am
I'd wait for a few things at once:
-fever at least 2-3 days not improving
-change in appetite
-change in behavior (play, sleep)
you know your baby best, if you need to go - follow your gut and not advice of Imas like myself Smile
refuah shelaima!

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:14 am
Really depends on the kid, you probably know by now how your kid is with an ear infection. I personally would get it checked out. Not all kids necessarily have fever. My baby was getting ruptured eardrums without fever, he eventually got tubes.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 4:32 am
Herbpharm garlic oil drops as soon as you suspect any infection, is a miracle.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:25 am
amother Brown wrote:
Really depends on the kid, you probably know by now how your kid is with an ear infection. I personally would get it checked out. Not all kids necessarily have fever. My baby was getting ruptured eardrums without fever, he eventually got tubes.

She never had fever from an ear infection. Her only symptom was that she was up at night. And with her last ear infection which was a really bad one, she stopped eating. Here she’s up at night but I think it’s more from her cough. Idk. I feel like I should rent a room by the dr, for as often as I’m there. My husband thinks it’s crazy to go now, and I’ve gone once or twice convinced she had an ear infection and it was just teething

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:44 am
Every Mom has a different tolerance level for running to the doctor or not. You also know your baby. However, if she is continuing to have discomfort and is showing upper respiratory issues, you might want to consider having her checked by an ENT. Maybe her ears have residual fluid or she has developed a secondary bacterial or viral illness. It's important to make sure her hearing is not impacted. Perhaps you should check on things you could do to help (protecting her ears from water, drinking upright) or perhaps she's just one of those babies who is more susceptible to things. I know that it has some followers on imamother, but I'd be extremely cautious before inserting anything into a baby's ears. It could lead to infection and hearing loss.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics