Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ds5 wakes up the whole house so I can clean him
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:22 am
Ds 5 has started waking everyone up early in the morning when he goes to the bathroom to poop. I reminded him several times that he can’t wake us up so early. I taught him how to clean himself but he just ignores me and yells loudly, rudely awakening everyone. How do I deal with this?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:23 am
If you have a master bathroom, have him use your bathroom so he doesn't have to yell.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:27 am
Tell him to come tell you before he goes to the bathroom. Then you can either wait right outside until he's ready for you or you can tell him to just call you one time and you will come right away.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:13 pm
I get so annoyed when my 5yo wakes me up to poop in the morning. Can't wipe himself yet so now I tell him to make, pull up, wash his hands and then I'll wipe him when I get up

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:16 pm
A 5ys old is still young enough to need help in the bathroom. I get it that you may really need your sleep I just can't imagine not attending to a child's needs in this way.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
I get so annoyed when my 5yo wakes me up to poop in the morning. Can't wipe himself yet so now I tell him to make, pull up, wash his hands and then I'll wipe him when I get up

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE

smss

amother Mustard wrote:
A 5ys old is still young enough to need help in the bathroom. I get it that you may really need your sleep I just can't imagine not attending to a child's needs in this way.

5 year olds are kindergarten age.
They won't be getting help wiping at school, so it's important that they know how to wipe themselves.

OP this blog post might be helpful:
https://busytoddler.com/how-to.....wipe/

amother
Cyclamen

amother Mustard wrote:

I can. A five year old may not get it perfect, but should be able to make an attempt.

My focus would be figuring out how to shift his ‘timing’.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:23 pm
smss wrote:
5 year olds are kindergarten age.
They won't be getting help wiping at school, so it's important that they know how to wipe themselves.

OP this blog post might be helpful:
https://busytoddler.com/how-to.....wipe/

They don't get help in school, which is why many kids don't go in school. They got their bodies used to not going in school.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:24 pm
Tell him to take a toy and sit there and play until you wake up. Check the bathroom right away so he sees he can trust you to come right away.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:24 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

Oy poor child.... what did he ever do to deserve this?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Tell him to take a toy and sit there and play until you wake up. Check the bathroom right away so he sees he can trust you to come right away.

Seriously? And what if OP gets up 1/2 hour, or more, later???
I hope those that are giving such bad advice don't actually do this to their children.

smss

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:27 pm
amother Stone wrote:
They don't get help in school, which is why many kids don't go in school. They got their bodies used to not going in school.

That's a reason not to teach them how?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:31 pm
smss wrote:
That's a reason not to teach them how?

Many 5 year olds don't know how to wipe properly if they're taught how. 5 is still a normal age to need help, especially for kids that are more messy in the bathroom.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ds 5 has started waking everyone up early in the morning when he goes to the bathroom to poop. I reminded him several times that he can’t wake us up so early. I taught him how to clean himself but he just ignores me and yells loudly, rudely awakening everyone. How do I deal with this?

I will come and wipe you after you ask me in a quieter voice.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Stone wrote:
Seriously? And what if OP gets up 1/2 hour, or more, later???
I hope those that are giving such bad advice don't actually do this to their children.

Really?!? My kids voluntarily sit on the toilet chilling for an hour. I have to chase them out. Sheesh some of you are just ridiculous. Nothing will happen to a kid that sits on the toilet for half an hour.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:42 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Really?!? My kids voluntarily sit on the toilet chilling for an hour. I have to chase them out. Sheesh some of you are just ridiculous. Nothing will happen to a kid that sits on the toilet for half an hour.

You are FORCING them to sit on the toilet for a half hour???????

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
You are FORCING them to sit on the toilet for a half hour???????

Totally the end of the world. Asking a kid not to wake up the house and sit quietly and play instead. Oh the horrors. Sometimes I can’t believe it’s real people posting here.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:47 pm
amother Papaya wrote:

For an hour? Really? Little kids?
And don't you get the difference between a kid wanting to do it on their own vs a mom that's forcing her child to do it because she can't be bothered???
Yes, it's ridiculous for a parent to force a child to sit on the toilet, dirtied, for an extended period of time, because they can't be bothered to come help them. That is crazy.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Totally the end of the world. Asking a kid not to wake up the house and sit quietly and play instead. Oh the horrors. Sometimes I can’t believe it’s real people posting here.

Horror is the correct word!
They cannot move!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers