Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Mentor/coach for my 15 year old daughter

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 1:43 pm
My daughter really wants to talk to a frum therapist, but none are in network and I can't afford $100+ a session. She really just wants to talk about regular teenage issues. She's had therapists in the past, and I understand the difference between a therapist and a life coach kind of person.
She needs someone intuitive and that can give her guidance on everyday things, social etc. I'm hoping that a mentor/coach costs less than a social worker.
She would need to be on zoom at least for now, but would like to meet in person at some point, so Lakewood would be preferred.
Thank you in advance for any leads.

teachkids

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 1:46 pm
School doesn't have someone on staff who can do it?

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 1:51 pm
Nesivos and LCSC both have mentors for such situations.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 1:54 pm
I'd think a great, on-the-ball HS teacher is your best bet. I'd say preferably not from her school. Someone who understands this age and the accompanying issues and nuances of it. Lakewood has a lot of such intuitive HS teachers, do your research.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 1:58 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Nesivos and LCSC both have mentors for such situations.

Another vote for these organizations

Tortoise

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 2:03 pm
Chasi Silverstein also sets girls up with mentors, I forget the official name of her organization

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 2:10 pm
LCSC or CHEMED have sliding scale or in network. Check Headway online, they have frum local therapists who take insurance.

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 2:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
My daughter really wants to talk to a frum therapist, but none are in network and I can't afford $100+ a session. She really just wants to talk about regular teenage issues. She's had therapists in the past, and I understand the difference between a therapist and a life coach kind of person.
She needs someone intuitive and that can give her guidance on everyday things, social etc. I'm hoping that a mentor/coach costs less than a social worker.
She would need to be on zoom at least for now, but would like to meet in person at some point, so Lakewood would be preferred.
Thank you in advance for any leads.

The organization Keren Ezer L'Nefesh pays for therapy for frum high-school aged kids.

Definitely worth contacting them!

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 2:31 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Chasi Silverstein also sets girls up with mentors, I forget the official name of her organization

Yes, she's also really good.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 3:03 pm
https://www.chesedmatch.org/ne.....stein

Chasi Silverstein
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children