Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me with info for a bachelors

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 12:05 am
My Daughter is in a chassidish school in Boro park and Doesnt have the resources she needs to find out how exactly it works with getting a bachelors. Shes currently entering 12th grade and would love to get her bachelors done since she knows she would like to work in Yeled Vyalda... Now I as a mother am trying to help her but I dont know much about it either. In her school its not permitted to do this while in school but we've heard of plenty that have done it quietly and it was okay... Now were just starting out and im looking for some info and help how to do this... Shes taking the tests with EEC degrees... I wanted her to be able to step into the bp office to take the tests... shes taken one locally and is now onto her second test, which she will most likely take online. My question is what is the right course for her to request... is it a special ed degree? Also is EEC a good approach? Are there certain tests that are easier than others?? Any help would be appreciated... whoever can give me a small crash course on what exactly will be happening here... Im so not well versed in this. In my days NO ONE from my class did this...

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 12:06 am
What does she want to do for YVY? They have special ed teachers, teachers, SEITS, P3s, SLPs, OTs, PTs. Im not sure I understand from your post

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 12:08 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
What does she want to do for YVY? They have special ed teachers, teachers, SEITS, P3s, SLPs, OTs, PTs. Im not sure I understand from your post

does each position need a different degree/

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 12:19 am
amother OP wrote:
does each position need a different degree/

Oh my of course. Its different jobs. I went to school to become a speech therapist, whereas my coworker went to school to get her degree to become an OT.
What does your daughter want to do?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 8:33 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Oh my of course. Its different jobs. I went to school to become a speech therapist, whereas my coworker went to school to get her degree to become an OT.
What does your daughter want to do?

op here... please dont freak out at my responses... thats how ignorant I am in this field...
She wants to be a teacher or a teachers assistant...

Just One

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 8:59 am
Then she needs a special Ed degree. If you go through TTI they can explain the process.

I would advise you to get more knowledgeable before starting the process though. A lot of time, money and effort will go into this and you want to make sure your daughter is choosing the right career path for her personality and skill set.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:33 am
As an earlier poster wrote TTI might be your best option. Especially if you need help with the process. She can start working on her bachelors now

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:38 am
EEC is a great choice if your daughter is interested in going into special ed
They are a pleasure to deal with. All my friends kids used them are are thrilled
As your daughter gets closer to graduating, they will direct her to the best options available for her personally to continue to a special ed masters program

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:49 am
There are different levels of degrees … first you earn your bachelors , then masters , and then you take tests to become certified (you can take the tests while in college to get it done quickly).

She does not need her bachelors to be an assistant in yeled… she probably needs some college credits but does not need a degree for an assistant position

(To work in the early head start she probably needs less credentials than for head start )

To become a teacher in Yeled , she needs a bachelors and also a specific amount of credits in the masters program … but she will be paid significantly less than a teacher who has her masters and is certified . A certified teacher can also work as a SEIT

Then there are all the therapies… OT, PT, speech … she would need a bachelors and masters and certification/licensing for the therapy that she chooses

It would benefit her to think about what career path she wants to follow so she takes the right courses that will lead her there …

This is all my understanding, if anyone sees that I am mistaken in any of this info , please clarify for OP- thanks!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 12:09 am
Is there a reason shes so insistent to work for YVY? They really don't pay well at all.

A teacher and teachers assistant are very different. The teacher assistants are girls out of seminary usually or older women who come back to work. Maybe your daughter can be an assistant this upcoming school year to see the dynamics of a classroom and to see how a teacher teaches. Its also a good way for her to make extra money, and see the dynamics of a classroom.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 12:37 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Is there a reason shes so insistent to work for YVY? They really don't pay well at all.

A teacher and teachers assistant are very different. The teacher assistants are girls out of seminary usually or older women who come back to work. Maybe your daughter can be an assistant this upcoming school year to see the dynamics of a classroom and to see how a teacher teaches. Its also a good way for her to make extra money, and see the dynamics of a classroom.

They don’t pay well at all for which position ?
I tonight teachers and assistants get paid nicely there

Not sure about therapists ..

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Almond wrote:
They don’t pay well at all for which position ?
I tonight teachers and assistants get paid nicely there

Not sure about therapists ..

Therapists arent paid great there. I dont know about main teachers. I wouldnt call minimum wage nicely though. My friend is an assistant and was getting $15 or so

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Therapists arent paid great there. I dont know about main teachers. I wouldnt call minimum wage nicely though. My friend is an assistant and was getting $15 or so

It would probably be wisest to call yeled and also other schools to find out what they offer salary wise
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics