Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Has anyone had personal experience with Mesila?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 1:18 pm
Married 10+ years and I have zero financial know- how.
No savings account.
A small 401k from a previous job.
Some medical debt and some money that I owe to a family member (paying off slowly) but no cc debt thank G-d.
Tried following dave ramsay but it's really difficult since we don't have a steady income. Some months we make 8,000 some months we make 0.
We also aren't very good at the discipline it takes to be on top of bills and budgeting

Would Mesila help? DH said they are meant for young couples and they sound scammy-kind of like life coaches.
Do they really teach how to develop discipline?
Can they help us learn how to make smarter financial choices?
Has anyone had personal experiences with them?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 2:07 pm
they came to our school when I was in 12th grade to give a course. they seemed to be knowledgeable and experienced

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 3:22 pm
We don’t have steady income (commission based income) and we went through 2 mesila coaches. I don’t think it’s meant for couples that have situations that are not the regular. Meaning, they follow a certain plan and it just didn’t work out with our income. I’d suggest to see someone private that can work with your specific situation to create a plan that works for you.

kkkkkkkkk

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 3:27 pm
Try https://frum.finance/

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 3:30 pm
They're not scammy. My close relative is a coach. She works with people in all types of financial situations.

My understanding is different coaches specialize in different types of budgets and lifestyles.

To the amother who said Mesilah couldn't help with fluctuating income, that seems weird. I'm not sure why that would be.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 4:06 pm
I know someone who went. I wasn’t so impressed. I think rsk is the new place to go.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
They're not scammy. My close relative is a coach. She works with people in all types of financial situations.

My understanding is different coaches specialize in different types of budgets and lifestyles.

To the amother who said Mesilah couldn't help with fluctuating income, that seems weird. I'm not sure why that would be.

I’m the another that said abt mesila. They claimed they can help, but their advice wasn’t adding up . And they just kept going in circles. For us it didn’t work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics