Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need help with hydrangeas in garden

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 12:45 pm
Is there an expert or gardener that would be able to come down to my property and help me with my hydrangeas?

mzybas

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:31 pm
Not am expert or in the area buy BH managed to revive our hydraengas. Our problem was too much fertiliser, causing 'burnt' leaves. Pruned the whole thing back, kept it adequately hydrated, and now new blooms! Hatzlacha with yours, they are a beautiful plant!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:40 pm
mzybas wrote:
Not am expert or in the area buy BH managed to revive our hydraengas. Our problem was too much fertiliser, causing 'burnt' leaves. Pruned the whole thing back, kept it adequately hydrated, and now new blooms! Hatzlacha with yours, they are a beautiful plant!

Do you know what type of hydrangeas you have?

Pruned it back down to the bottom?

In which season did you do that?

Thanks for your help! I do miss the blooms very much! I don't know what we did wrong. The leaves grew nicely but blooms only very sparsely on 2 plants. And we have about 10 total.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

Thanks for your help! I do miss the blooms very much! I don't know what we did wrong. The leaves grew nicely but blooms only very sparsely on 2 plants. And we have about 10 total.

I know a bit about gardening and hydrangeas. Pruning them down to the bottom is a bad idea, they should be pruned to right above a node. Be sure NOT to cut off nodes in the fall, that’s when they grow, on bare wood. Should be done before the first frost.

mzybas

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

Not sure which type, sorry. Its still young and ina container since we don't have a real garden. We pruned in the spring, definitely not down to the bottom, just the flower heads, and removed any affected leaves. Because of the poisoning it took a while for it to recover but BH seems to have healed nicely.
Hatzlacha.

mzybas

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:33 pm
https://gardenerspath.com/plan.....ming/
This may help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries