Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Fyi Reddit is having a field day with all of the new posts
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 11:49 am
I don’t know where to post this, and mods feel free to take this down, just want some posters to know (chossid mom about her covid vaccine thread and the imamothers who made wishlists on Amazon and I don’t remember who else) that nothing on the internet is private.
A quick google search is scary.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 11:50 am
If any of those posters are here, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

scruffy

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 11:54 am
What is the issue with the Amazon wishlists? Other than them thinking that people are naive for purchasing items.

Is there any way for them to sleuth out personal information from the wishlists?

Genius

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:08 pm
I didn’t see anything major. If there’s something saftig that I missed please link.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:11 pm
They talk about us, we talk about them... It seems we have lots of comraderie.

Laugh and move on, my dears.

Or make a new friend; it seems we have lots of admirers, and I would like to discuss ideas with different people.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:13 pm
Stop looking at Reddit

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:13 pm
They are bored with no normal social outlets. Reminds me of 40 year old men living in their mommy’s basement

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:15 pm
amother Coral wrote:
They are bored with no normal social outlets. Reminds me of 40 year old men living in their mommy’s basement

And imamother is a "normal social outlet" to use your words?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:16 pm
singleagain wrote:
And imamother is a "normal social outlet" to use your words?

Yes I mean Reddit is too in some ways. Not the way they use it

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:17 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Yes I mean Reddit is too in some ways. Not the way they use it

I fail to see how them talking about us on here. Is any different than someone starting a thread about an instagrammer here.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:23 pm
singleagain wrote:
I fail to see how them talking about us on here. Is any different than someone starting a thread about an instagrammer here.

It’s completely different. All about how they are victims of a giant conspiracy. And they leave out so much and reframe it all to make everyone here sound a certain way. Some influencer posts were a bit obsessive and stalkerish but that’s a different issue.

Genius

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:26 pm
Please please I’d love to read something yentish on there. I’ve been scrolling since you began this thread and found NOTHING. Sad

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:27 pm
amother Coral wrote:
It’s completely different. All about how they are victims of a giant conspiracy. And they leave out so much and reframe it all to make everyone hear sound a certain way. Some influencer posts were a bit obsessive and stalkerish but that’s a different issue.

To be perfectly honest, I've seen things like that happen on threads here. I usually just opt out of that.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:29 pm
I sometimes think there will come a time where imamother will be practical to move behind a paywall, or maybe a charity wall. Times are getting nuts these days.

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:37 pm
I think we all have to assume that anything posted on here does not stay within the community. There are plenty of lurkers and regular google searches frequently link to imamother. Additionally, I am sure that for every legitimate imamother who comes on here for companionship, advice, chizzuk, and validation there are men who have passed the quiz for getting a screen name and others who just plain enjoy stirring the pot. That's the internet.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:41 pm
How are they having a field day with the wishlists? I just checked and the thread is literally about how nice and wholesome it is. One person pointed out that some people are adding non-"necessary" items but for the most part it's just commenting on how it's a nice chesed. The thread is even encouraging people to donate.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 12:44 pm
Bh we have each others backs while the bitters are just talking behind our backs.

SG18

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:11 pm
It isn't behind anyone's backs- anyone can access it.
I haven't seen anything really negative, I'm not sure why you feel threatened. Live and let live!

Fox

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:36 pm
SG18 wrote:
. . . I'm not sure why you feel threatened. Live and let live!

Because those Reddit subforums are viewed by some very, very bad people who do not "live and let live."

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:47 pm
SG18 wrote:
It isn't behind anyone's backs- anyone can access it.
I haven't seen anything really negative, I'm not sure why you feel threatened. Live and let live!

Who feels threatened?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics