Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Any Good experience wih therapist at achieve?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:20 pm
Hi does anyone have good experience with a specific child therapist at achieve? (Monsey)

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:53 pm
Yes but she’s left the clinic since.

dragonfruit

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Yes but she’s left the clinic since.

Yes that's what happens with most of the good ones. They leave and open private practice and charge...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:03 pm
Anyone heard of Racheli Goldman?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:06 pm
I heard of her. Please post your screen name so I can PM you, I have very important information about her that I don’t want to post in public.

dragonfruit

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:33 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I heard of her. Please post your screen name so I can PM you, I have very important information about her that I don’t want to post in public.

Pm me thank you

LeMortedeLilac

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:14 am

Hi, can you PM me this info too? Thank you!

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:34 am
Just want to put it out there, I had an awful experience there. The therapist was good, but the way things are run there is just really bad and I've heard it from others too.

Good luck

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:54 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Just want to put it out there, I had an awful experience there. The therapist was good, but the way things are run there is just really bad and I've heard it from others too.

Good luck

Based on the what I know, it's a very important and needed service but it's massive and like a factory. I personally know one of the staff nurses and it scares me that she works there. She is so behind on her education, she cant get a job anywhere else at this point so she's there. I'm sure the vast majority of the professionals there are excellent.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:58 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Based on the what I know, it's a very important and needed service but it's massive and like a factory. I personally know one of the staff nurses and it scares me that she works there. She is so behind on her education, she cant get a job anywhere else at this point so she's there. I'm sure the vast majority of the professionals there are excellent.

Right, I didn't mean the therapists are bad. It's the way it's run, just like a factory.

They sent me to the wrong location 2 times, confirmed my appt for the wrong day 5 times (which means I had cancel my appts) and then told me I had an appt a day before Pesach when they were closed.

I also missed my brother's upsherin for that, by the way.

And all this happened in a span of no more than 8 weeks.

Still didn't forgive them and you can find my review on google somewhere. It's not the only review like that.

One star and I would give zero if I could.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:23 pm
They became too big for themselves . I had a fantastic therapist there but things seem to be very mismanaged . I had an intake there in February. They told me someone would call me in about 4-8 weeks . It’s been close to six months and nobody called.
My child goes there and I received a reminder about his appointment this week but his appointment was cancelled for the next three weeks.
I wouldn’t negate using them because I had great success there .

LeMortedeLilac

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:39 pm

Please PM too. Bumping this up...

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Honey wrote:
They became too big for themselves . I had a fantastic therapist there but things seem to be very mismanaged . I had an intake there in February. They told me someone would call me in about 4-8 weeks . It’s been close to six months and nobody called.
My child goes there and I received a reminder about his appointment this week but his appointment was cancelled for the next three weeks.
I wouldn’t negate using them because I had great success there .

You have to be a squeaky wheel, I've found. Also, you can ask for a case manager. They can help make sure about appointments, scheduling etc. It can be very helpful.

My experiences going to therapy and using other services at Achieve have been mostly positive. They are filling a vital role in the community.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:12 pm
I work for Achieve and while I can't speak to whether a specific clinician is a match for you, I know Achieve prides itself in providing excellent clinical training, continuing education and supervision for all staff with the goal of providing clients with the best care possible.

While there are challenges to be met as Achieve has grown to increase services to address the needs of the community, meeting these challenges is the highest priority. Please know this thread has been shared with Achieve leadership, who will incorporate the issues raised through its Client Satisfaction program.

If you would like to speak about your specific experience at Achieve, or raise an issue you have experienced, please reach out to our Quality Assurance Director Dr. Ziporah Torbiner at 845 425-5252 x1673. Client input is welcome. You can also leave an anonymous message on that extension.

Wishing you the best!

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:14 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I work for Achieve and while I can't speak to whether a specific clinician is a match for you, I know Achieve prides itself in providing excellent clinical training, continuing education and supervision for all staff with the goal of providing clients with the best care possible.

While there are challenges to be met as Achieve has grown to increase services to address the needs of the community, meeting these challenges is the highest priority. Please know this thread has been shared with Achieve leadership, who will incorporate the issues raised through its Client Satisfaction program.

If you would like to speak about your specific experience at Achieve, or raise an issue you have experienced, please reach out to our Quality Assurance Director Dr. Ziporah Torbiner at 845 425-5252 x1673. Client input is welcome. You can also leave an anonymous message on that extension.

Wishing you the best!

Thank you ! I will.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:47 pm
Hi
Anyone have experience with Jordana Maged?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children