Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
I need recipe for lasagna with cottage cheese and mozzarell

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:03 pm
Thanks

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:08 pm
Between Carpools' Easy Lasagna that tastes so gourmet.
I only have mozzarella, so I replace all muenster with mozzarella.
It does require chopped spinach, though.
I've got a pan in the oven right now.
Yum!
Spinach Lasagna

Print
Ingredients
1 (13.25 ounce) box oven ready lasagna noodles
2 pounds bag of chopped spinach, thawed
1 jar marinara sauce of your choice
1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ cups muenster cheese
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
Squeeze out as much water as you can from the defrosted spinach. In a bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, garlic, and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
Assemble the lasagna: Place about ½ cup of marinara sauce in a 9- x 13-inch pan. Top with 4 lasagna pieces. You might need to break some of the pasta corners a bit, as shown in the photos. Spread a layer of the spinach/cheese mixture.
Repeat with 2 more layers lasagna, sauce, and spinach/cheese mixture. End with a layer of pasta, then top with marinara sauce and sprinkle with muenster cheese.
Pour about ¾ cup water, a little into each corner of the pan.
Spray a piece of heavy duty foil with cooking spray. Cover the pan, greased side down.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:16 pm
My recipe (which is easy and yum) is slightly different:

No eggs, no garlic, Barilla marinara sauce and around 16 oz mozzarella or pizza cheese (pizza cheese is a comb of muenster and mozzarella). I also use American cheese for the top layer.

Not sure why you need to squeeze the spinach if you're anyway adding water - just my two cents.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:22 pm
I don’t really follow a recipe but this is what I do.

Mix 1 egg into container of cottage cheese

Layer lasagna noodles
1/2 the cottage cheese
Sauce
Mozzarella cheese

Then repeat for a 2 nd layer

3 rd layer is just noodles, sauce and cheese

You can use oven ready noodles and put water around sides then bake covered for at least an hour and if you want the top a little crispy bake uncovered after.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:23 pm
I don't have a recipe, I just mix cottage cheese with marinara sauce or tomato sauce and spices and alternate that and marinara & shredded mozzarella on the lasagna sheets.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:24 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

Not sure why you need to squeeze the spinach if you're anyway adding water - just my two cents.

So you use raw noodles and don't add water and the lasagna come out done/tender?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:25 pm
Thanks

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:26 pm
I don’t follow a specific recipe. I just put a tiny bit of marinara sauce on the bottom of a sprayed 9x13. Then I layer (uncooked) lasagna noodles, marinara sauce, cottage cheese, mozarella cheese and repeat however many layers high I want to go. Top layer I only do sauce and mozarella. I bake at 350 covered for around an hour. Usually uncover for the last 10 minutes. Comes out great!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:05 pm
I layer sauce, raw noodles, egg and cottage cheese mixed, shredded cheese. Repeat 2x and top layer sauce

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
So you use raw noodles and don't add water and the lasagna come out done/tender?

Yes I add water.

I didnt squeeze out the spinach the last time I made it, and it came out just fine. You can reduce the water by a bit if you want, but I didn't and it was perfect.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:11 pm
You can use milk instead of water for a richer taste

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:21 pm
https://www.kosher.com/shows/supper-again-57

shanie5

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 9:43 pm
I start with just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Then layer: noodles, sauce cottage cheese, noodles, sauce shredded cheese (I use the mozzarella cheddar mix), noodles, sauce cottage cheese, noodles, sauce shredded cheese.

I pour about 1/2 cup water into bottom of the pan, cover tightly and bake for 1-1.5 hours.
Actually, I usually double wrap cuz my oven isn't milchy, and bake for 2 hours-I find it takes a bit more time when double wrapped.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 9:46 pm
I use the recipe on the box of the lasagna. I buy the one that doesn’t need to be precooked- it’s delicious and very simple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics