Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood salaries S/O

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:49 pm
Very often I see women telling other women about the amazing high salaries that people are getting paid.
It's always some second hand information, like, "my sister's sister in law's neighbor just came out of sem and is making 90k annually!!"

While I'm not denying that this could be true, you don't know the full picture of what the rest of the job entails, you have no clue about the job arrangements or details, not to mention it is definitely not the norm and most of the time these are exceptions.

Yes, the starting salary today is much higher than it was 10 years ago, so people are being paid more as an entry level employee. But that doesn't mean that you are being underpaid if you aren't earning 100k working part time.

It really bothers me when this misinformation is spread, leaving many women feeling underpaid, unhappy, and missing out when in reality the grass isn't always greener at another job.

I see this often IRL and I think it's important to pause before making generalizations and repeating stories of people whom you know nothing about.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:55 pm
Yes, yes yes!!
I am reading the thread and cringing when someone says something like "You think I'm being underpaid?!"
No one should have to feel like they are being underpaid by their job, makes you unhappy to come to work every day.
Don't make anyone feel that way!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:10 pm
Yes I can’t understand where all these salaries are coming from. All people that are getting paid normally are going to ask for outrageous raises based on comments making them think their being underpaid and their bosses will think what the hell is wrong

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Very often I see women telling other women about the amazing high salaries that people are getting paid.
It's always some second hand information, like, "my sister's sister in law's neighbor just came out of sem and is making 90k annually!!"

While I'm not denying that this could be true, you don't know the full picture of what the rest of the job entails, you have no clue about the job arrangements or details, not to mention it is definitely not the norm and most of the time these are exceptions.

Yes, the starting salary today is much higher than it was 10 years ago, so people are being paid more as an entry level employee. But that doesn't mean that you are being underpaid if you aren't earning 100k working part time.

It really bothers me when this misinformation is spread, leaving many women feeling underpaid, unhappy, and missing out when in reality the grass isn't always greener at another job.

I see this often IRL and I think it's important to pause before making generalizations and repeating stories of people whom you know nothing about.

I was one of the ppl posting, but kept reiterating that this is not for "secretaries ".

I feel like people are glossing over that though
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics