Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What was your job search like?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:20 am
I’m looking for a full time remote role in operations, project management, or logistics in a frum or non frum company. Did you recently look for a job? Did you speak to any specific recruiters who were helpful? How long was your search? Did you ultimately find something? What do you wish you did differently?

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 11:46 am
How much exp and what salary range are you looking for?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 11:57 am
I guess every job market is different. My husband is high level marketing(16 years experience making low 6 figures). He was told by his company in January they were going to be downsizing at the end of the quarter and he'd be in the cut. He was officially laid off mid March. He started looking for a new job in January and aggressively in March. Unfortunately he's still looking Sad

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m looking for a full time remote role in operations, project management, or logistics in a frum or non frum company. Did you recently look for a job? Did you speak to any specific recruiters who were helpful? How long was your search? Did you ultimately find something? What do you wish you did differently?

I just did.
I spoke to a lot of recruiters. I basically sent them all my resume..
It took 2 months.
Yes I found something.

What I wish I did differently?
Easy for me to say, but depending on your salary expectations, there are a lot of perks working from home, and it may be worth it to lower your hard minimum salary. I definitely think you'll get more leads that way.
Ultimately, it's not the leads that matter, though. All you need is one offer that is the right one, but having leads makes you feel less dejected in the process.
It's all Hashem.
Although the recruiter was the shaliach, the recruiter didn't get me the job, Hashem did.
I saw pure Hashgacha in the job I got.
So Daven Daven Daven.

Hatzlacha

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:56 pm
Currently in the midst of a job search and am finding recruiters absolutely useless. The best leads come from friends who know someone or even just emailing your resume to random firms that fit the bill and asking if they have any openings.
Good luck!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 2:09 pm
Three years ago I landed my job after trying to find one for a year. I met with recruiters and I was constantly given false hopes and they would ghost me.
I finally got my job, through imamother ! Someone was posting about a job , I PMed them and had my interview a few days later . I started my job right before Covid hit .

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 2:15 pm
I found that being a subject matter expert in a niche area has worked for me. I even took out books from the library to read up on what I saw in the job descriptions.

Also, when I really needed the money and had healthcare through my husband, I worked as a consultant. Eventually it turned into full time employee.

And in my case, recruiters helped a lot. I don’t come across as so likeable, but the recruiter was a fan of mine and kept pushing me into positions (it helped that she made a ton of money each time).

Also - a lot of companies are pushing workers back into the office. I don’t know how feasible it would be to land an employee position that is 100% remote.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics