Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Working mom Cleaning Help Advice

bumpkin2

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:32 am
Prefacing this question with the fact that I work full time out of the house and have 4 under 4. My job isn't the type that I can take a full or even half day off every week or two weeks to be home with someone. Everyone in my neighborhood has a live in so splitting isn't even a remote option. My husband is also out full day. What have other people in this position done? SOS and TYIA

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:34 am
Cleaning lady comes when I'm at work.....I stayed home a couple times and trained her. I sometimes walk in on her during the day if I can jump back.jome or dh does but for the most part she is there alone till I get home.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:37 am
I let her in in the morning, and then head to work.
I stayed home the first 2x to train her (took 1 full day off and 1 partial day).
We have cameras out in the open.

amother
RosePink

You can get cameras the battery blink ones from Amazon are OK but not great for 24 hour surveillance.

NotInNJMommy

I hire a well known (in my area OOT) insured and bonded agency once a month. It's pricey, but in the event I'm not home, I feel more secure letting them be there when I'm not around. They also bring all their own supplies. I do think you have to be home the first 1-2 times though.

I do this instead of a private individual weekly.

teachkids

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:38 am
I have a camera in my kitchen I turn on when she's here for kashrus reasons, but I leave the door unlocked for her if she's not here yet when I leave for work and she locks it when she leaves

ETA: I trust her since she was originally my babysitter.

bumpkin2

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:43 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I hire a well known (in my area OOT) insured and bonded agency once a month. It's pricey, but in the event I'm not home, I feel more secure letting them be there when I'm not around. They also bring all their own supplies. I do think you have to be home the first 1-2 times though.

I do this instead of a private individual weekly.

This sounds like the best option for me. I've had bad experiences with non-insured with ladies stealing, lying, treifing, you name it. Do you recommend any agencies that work in Brooklyn?

newinbp

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:23 am
Neva home cleaning agency is very good

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:39 am
bumpkin2 wrote:
This sounds like the best option for me. I've had bad experiences with non-insured with ladies stealing, lying, treifing, you name it. Do you recommend any agencies that work in Brooklyn?

I'm sorry. I'm not really familiar with what's available in Brooklyn. I'm sure there are agencies though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry