Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bassinet strollers are sooo expensive!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:15 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Not all bassinets are sleep approved. Rather get quality second hand then cheap stroller. something like this https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-2069
https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-blue
FYI I had both I like bugaboo better

Oh gosh, didn't realize that it could be unsafe. Thanks for the memo. How do you know if a stroller is safe for sleeping?

I did look into second hand, but second hand for a bugaboo or uppababy is still quite expensive.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I would rather spend on a stroller instead of just the bassinet that can't be moved... budget is maybe $300-400 max?

If you look on Amazon there are many bedside bassinets with wheels or portable bassinets from reputable companies for under $100. Then just get a lay flat stroller. That’s what I would do 🤷🏼‍♀️
If you’re in LA by any chance, I know someone giving away a used bugaboo bee3 with a bassinet

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:38 pm
Zelia™² 5-in-1 Modular Travel System https://a.co/d/ckAsgJz

This is the Zelia for $349

And an evenflo one
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System with LiteMax Infant Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar (Desert Tan) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071.....ss_tl

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:44 pm
This is in the $500 range but an awesome stroller that isn’t so well known in the frum market for some reason. Maybe you can find it on sale somewhere
Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan Stroller with Rain Cover (Stone) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E.....ss_tl

Juvenile planet has the updated cosmopolitan for $499

The mountain buggy swift also has a bassinet that you can buy separately

gande

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh gosh, didn't realize that it could be unsafe. Thanks for the memo. How do you know if a stroller is safe for sleeping?

I did look into second hand, but second hand for a bugaboo or uppababy is still quite expensive.

I just did more research. Apparently you are supposed to use the stand to use the stroller overnight.
Just get a cheap bassinet such as this https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....net-3 or a packnplay which you can buy a nice mattress for on amazon and use it for crib.
https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....ons-9

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:47 pm
I have the mompush bassinnett stroller, its 2 yrs old and holding up great. strong and durable. sells for a little under $400 on amazon. I have compared it to the uppababy and it's very comparable. the bassinett on mine is larger.
I used the bassinett until baby was about 7-8 months old - my baby loved it so much we brought the bassinett upstairs and he slept in it at night as his crib.
I now use it as stroller and he loves it.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:17 am
gande wrote:
I just did more research. Apparently you are supposed to use the stand to use the stroller overnight.

Logically speaking I'm trying to figure out why it matters whether the bassinet is on a stand or on the stroller base for sleeping. I was totally sure the stands were just shtick or for people who don't want to navigate the whole stroller to the bedroom.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 2:11 am
I’m getting this for sleeping. Lasts all the way from newborn till age 3-4

https://www.amazon.com/Comfort.....ss_tl

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 2:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Where do you keep the baby during the day? The floor isn't safe because there are other kids around. And how can you leave a newborn in a snap n go all day? It's a carseat, no? Is lay flat safe for a newborn?

I don’t leave baby in stroller all day. I have a small playpen in the living room and put the swing and a tummy time mat inside it. Kids interact with baby from outside the gate so baby’s safe but entertained. Baby sleeps in a pack n play with a raised surface at night.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:41 am
I second using something else for sleeping, like a pack n play & getting a stroller second hand. A good condition second hand is way more worthwhile then a new cheaper stroller.

I understand why you want a bassinet stroller, especially if you do alot of walking. Way better for the baby.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:46 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Logically speaking I'm trying to figure out why it matters whether the bassinet is on a stand or on the stroller base for sleeping. I was totally sure the stands were just shtick or for people who don't want to navigate the whole stroller to the bedroom.
In Europe it's considered unsafe to have baby in a stroller to sleep. You are supposed to either put the bassinet on a stand or on the floor.

I think in the US it is accepted to put the baby in a stroller to sleep.

(That is what it said on my Joolz bassinet stroller.)

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:47 am
Did you check on Facebook marketplace for used? In my area I saw a lot of great prices on uppababy and decent on bugaboo too. If you go with Graco or evenflo I'd probably just buy new because the amount of savings isn't worth having to chase after it and clean it, but if you're saving $800 on a high end stroller then it's worth the travel and cleaning.

scintilla

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:48 am
A bassinet stroller is better for the baby, I agree. Check lightly used ones near you, Facebook marketplace, goodbuy gear I think it's called, etc.

Otoh, a new bassinet can be very cheap and then you can get a lay flat stroller. Or just try minimize stroller use in the first few months. Another idea is a pack n play with a newborn insert, which you can put in your main room during the day & baby can be safe from other kids. Also quite cheap and will last a very long time!

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:48 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
In Europe it's considered unsafe to have baby in a stroller to sleep. You are supposed to either put the bassinet on a stand or on the floor.

I think in the US it is accepted to put the baby in a stroller to sleep.

(That is what it said on my Joolz bassinet stroller.)

That doesn't answer why at all though

scintilla

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:49 am
amother Alyssum wrote:

I think it's because of airflow but I never saw a good answer for that either.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:51 am
Baby gear in general is expensive. But buying cheap can often be a false economy. I bought a cheap stroller and it was hard to push and it didn't last long. I bought a second hand expensive brand stroller and it's lasted much better. It's a dream to push and overall much better.
And I would be very wary of using a bassinet for overnight sleeping. Many bassinets are not rated for overnight sleeping. It needs to be breathable etc and many are just not designed for it. It also will only last a few months, and you will need something again.
If you're okay buying second hand, and getting a slightly older model, and especially if you're flexible on colors, you should be able to get something well within your budget.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:55 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
That doesn't answer why at all though
I think it's a tipping hazard ...

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:58 am
scintilla wrote:
I think it's because of airflow but I never saw a good answer for that either.

We're talking about taking the exact same bassinet and moving it from a stroller base to a stand. How is that changing anything about airflow? Not buying it.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:59 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I think it's a tipping hazard ...

OK still not sold but at least this answer is relevant
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics